Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Drew Barrymore Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Drew Barrymore Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews

The 35 year-old first spoke about how with playing Erin

, who plays one-half of a couple with co-star Justin Long dealing with a long-distance relationship, she breaks away for her traditionally bubbly and eccentric characters.

"I definitely was excited to play her," Barrymore enthuses, "I just wasn't sort of in that place in my life where I wanted to play like a cuckoo, wacky role reversal sort of scenario. I wanted to play someone. You want to see them, but you can't, because of money or schedule or obligation. You [journalists] are all travelers and you try to make distance work with relationships and someone who can hang out with guys and loves women, but has spine and is funny.

"And I feel like I relate to that person in my life right now," she adds, "It was a pleasure for me to get to improv and just work in a much more free-flowing kind of way where you can play around and you didn't have to be censored because it's an R rating. Just that is just an absolute pleasure."

Another thing Barrymore found particularly refreshing about doing Going The Distance is the strong supporting cast, which includes Charlie Day, Jason Sudekis, and Applegate.Drew Barrymore Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews

"I find that films, for me, watching them kind of work best when you're invested in the whole group of people," she says, "And I love films that that has a Judd Apatow or has a Christopher Guest, this great sort of alumni kind of quality, this really into all the people in it."

"You really like the people's world," Drew continues, "So when you cut back between a couple and it's their friends or family and it's like this group of people that are interacting, I love when the chemistry goes far beyond just the couple and this movie stands on that. I almost sabotaged every one of Jim Gaffigan's takes. He was so funny and I just think this movie is, if

you like it, at least one of the reasons I like it best is because of everybody in it."

She particularly touched on her similar experiences with Applegate, who plays Erin's sister Corrine in the film and, like Drew, also grew up as a child and teen star in Hollywood.

"I thought it was interesting," she says, "I thought we really started to look alike, which was really cool. I love when people cast siblings that actually feasibly could have come from the same womb, so I felt like we started to morph."

"We actually used to be in a dance class when we were kids, but she looked really good in spandex and I did not, so I made a career out of it," Barrymore adds, "Totally, I celebrated her, I was horrified in the corner, but I've known her forever. We have a lot of parallels. It worked for us."

Barrymore also spoke about her most challenging sequence in the film.

"One of the challenges I was most excited about was doing the drunk scene," Drew believes, "And me and [director] Nannette [Burstein] really focused on like what type of drunk is she and what can we sort of like ad-lib and what could be spontaneous and sort of, if you were really angry, how would you just let loose and it was just the most fun day at work ever because I really just let loose."

One thing Drew says was not a challenge was kissing co-star Justin Long in the film.

"I was just lucky, for me, because he's a good kisser," she says, "So it was like, whew, thank God! The worst is when you're kissing someone who's not a good kisser and you're trying to make it look good and you feel like you're working it on your own. At least, it was a real team effort, you know."

However, there's one thing Barrymore says she regretted doing during shooting.Drew Barrymore Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews

"I ruined most of [Kristen Shaal's] takes," Drew admits, "I felt terrible."

Going The Distance's dinner date scene between Erin and Justin Long's character Garrett involves them revealing their favorite movies and music to one another. Drew was asked to name some... Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

By: virgin cavalier
Functional Editorials Discussing Tips On How To Get Cheap Air Travel Costs You must know before Travel to Russia Bargain Travel Promos To Shake Up You: Motels, Air Fare, Chow Down, Malls, Amusement, And Disco Danc Justin Long Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews Useful Pieces Of Writing Talking About Tips On How To Learn About Discounted Air Travel Prices Top 10 Skydiving Destinations In Canada And The United States Celebrating The Festival Of Floating Lights Beneficial Commentaries Talking About Advices On How To Hit Upon Lowcost Air Travel Rates Warm Up the Christmas Eve in Your Patio Using the Patio Heater Beneficial Papers On Ways On How To Learn About Lowcost Air Travel Tickets French Riviera Life - Cannes Film Festival American Flag Etiquette Low-cut Vacay Promos To Stimulate You: Condos, Flights, Eating Areas, Shops, Leisure Activities, And
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.180.252) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.015254 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 4730, 954,
Drew Barrymore Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews Campo Grande