Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Does private tuition help improve your children's exam results?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Does private tuition help improve your children's exam results?

Well, new research has now proven that private tuition does improve grades at GCSE and A-Level

. The survey, undertaken by students receiving their GSCE's and A-levels results for 2010, asked them if they felt private tuition had improved their estimated grades. A staggering 80% of students agreed that private tuition definitely worked for them, increasing their results by an average of one grade, e.g. from D to C, which made all the difference for students gaining places at their chosen college or University.

At both GCSE and A-Level, the biggest potential for grade improvement was shown to be at the lower end of the grade scale (grades U - D), where students improved an average of two grades. Between grades C and A* students improved an average of half a grade (e.g. from a low C to a high C, or a high C to a low B).

Of course, those who used a private tutor once a week for three to six months saw a more notable grade improvement than those using a tutor for less than three 3 months. But surprisingly, there was little correlation between hourly fees charged by tutors and grade impact.

The average cost of tuition for GCSE and A-level among students surveyed was 22 per hour, which is more than reasonable when you consider they can improve their results by a grade or two on average, and therefore, you will have a very confident, optimistic and happy teenager on your hands over summer, rather than a self conscious, moping "Kevin",due to having to repeat the year or being unable to attend their chosen university or college like their friends. Like any parent, I know which I will choose!!

By: Ella Basile
Teenagers not gaining muscle in the gym Nutrition- what teenagers should eat Helping Your Child's Eczema Improve Help Your Child Kick The Thumb Sucking Habit The best Fitness tips for teenagers Volunteering with Children Exclusive Gifts For Child That is Special Children & Braces: Is It Time & What Are My Options? Kids Lehenga – a modern trend Lessons Learned From My Childhood How To Provide Your Child With Effective Potty Training Tips? Chiropractic - Is It Safe For Adults And Children And What Are The Benefits Of Treatment How a Baby Swing Can Stop Unnecessary Crying of Your Child
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.170.14) / Processed in 0.006077 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 1763, 956,