Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » Do I Need a DUI Lawyer If I Am Charged With This Offense?
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Do I Need a DUI Lawyer If I Am Charged With This Offense?

Do I Need a DUI Lawyer If I Am Charged With This Offense

?

If you have been arrested for drunk driving, chances are you too are asking yourself if you really need a DUI Lawyer or not. The answer will depend highly on your situation. If this happens to be your first offense ever, and there are no other offenses, then you might be able to get by without a lawyer. However, if you are a repeat offender you will definitely need the help of a DUI Lawyer as the law is stricter on those who fall in this category. Before deciding if you need a lawyer or not, make sure you get to know the DUI laws of your state. Find out how much fines or jail time you will need to do if you fail your own case. This will help you to reach the right decision.

If you have chosen to get a lawyer, you have made a good choice. The lawyer would have more back ground and experience than you and will be better able to help you get a lower jail time or fine. If you feel that you might not afford a lawyer, try discussing the payment plans with them first. Law firms often have payment plans such as credit payment plans, discounts and flexible payment plans to help you engage their services.

There are a few things you should consider when finding and choosing your lawyer:

Find a lawyer that specializes in DUI cases as they will be better versed with the court system and prosecutors so they can negotiate a better deal for you.

Make an appointment for a consultation with the lawyer. This should be done free of charge as this is merely a consultation, you are not hiring them yet. You should be able to decide if you want to work with them by the end of the discussion and they would have explained to you what to expect when you have to stand trial.

Find out how much everything will cost you. Find also if there are any added fees that you would have to pay that is not included in the representation fees. Also ask about circumstances that would increase the cost even more and if they are willing to offer you a payment plan.

Meet up with at least 2 or 3 lawyers so you would have at least 2 or 3 price quotes. Choose the one you think is best for you. Besides, meeting more lawyers will provide you with more information to make the right decision.

Read up on the laws concerning DUI so that you are up to date on the current news on fines and jail times. Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Even though other people might have been able to stand trial without a lawyer, you must ask yourself if this is a risk you would be comfortable taking? If you can hire someone who specializes in this, why wouldn't you? Each case that goes before the court is different, consider the political situation in your state at the time. Are the politicians being extra hard on DUI offenders? Is this something that would affect the outcome of your trial? If you are unsure, find out. The internet is full of information that you can utilize to make an informed decision. Good Luck!
What Do You Need to Know About a DUI Lawyer's Experience? Investing On The Right Roofing Material Marietta GA Special Needs Lawyer on "What is a Special Needs Trust?" Benefiting From The Loan Modification Process By Hiring A Good Loan Modification Lawyer Advice on Drunk Driving by DUI Lawyers How to Find a Remarkable DUI Lawyer to Represent Your DUI Court Case Get a DUI Lawyer - Lower The Probability of Staying in Jail Stay Optimistic About Your DUI Case by Getting the Right DUI Lawyer Should I Hire a DUI Lawyer If I Am Charged? Preparing For Financial Retirement Help your divorce lawyer Minneapolis to win your case? Initial meeting with your Minneapolis divorce lawyer does not have to be an intimidating experience Work Accident Lawyer Giving you Justice
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.5.149) / Processed in 0.005364 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3076, 176,
Do I Need a DUI Lawyer If I Am Charged With This Offense?