Insurances.net
insurances.net » Taxes » Do I Need To File A Federal Income Tax Return?
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Do I Need To File A Federal Income Tax Return?

Many people will file a 2010 Federal Income tax return even though the income on the return was below the filing requirement

. The questions below will help you determine if you need to file a Federal Income Tax return or if you need to stop your withholding so you will not have to file a unnecessary return in the future. Even if you do not have to file a return, you should file one to get a refund of any Federal Income Tax withheld.

To determine if you need to file a Federal Income Tax return for 2010 answer the following questions:

Occasionally, individuals have one-time or infrequent transactions that may require them to file a Federal Income Tax return. Do any of the following examples apply to you?

Did you have Federal taxes withheld from your pension wages for this tax year & wish to get a refund back?

Are you entitled to the Earned Income Tax Credit or did you receive Advance Earned Income Credit for this tax back?

Are you entitled to the Earned Income Tax Credit or did you receive Advanced Earned Income Credit for this tax back?

Were you self-employed with earnings of more than $400.00

Did you sell your home?

Will you owe any special tax on a qualified retirement plan (including an individual retirement account (IRA) or medical savings account (MSA)? You may owe tax if you?

Received an early distribution from a qualified plan

Made excess contributions to your IRA or MSA

Were born before July 1, 1938, and you did not take the minimum required distribution from your qualified retirement plan.

Received a distribution in the excess of $160,000 from a qualified retirement plan.

Will you owe social security and Medicare Tax on tips you did not report to your employer?

Will you owe uncollected social security and Medicare tax on tips you did not report to your employer?

Will you be subject to Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)? ( The tax law gives special treatment to some kinds of income and allows special deductions and credit for some kinds of expenses.)

Will you owe recapture tax? Some (HFA mortgage loan programs are funded by tax exempt mortgage revenue bonds. If you use these programs or receive a credit against your federal income taxes through a Mortgage Credit Certificate, you could be subject to the Federal Recapture Tax if & when you sell your home.

Are you a church employee with income in wages of $108.28 or more from a church or qualified church-controlled organization that is exempt from employer social security or Medicare taxes?

by: Sandi Lattin
I Owe A Lot Of Money In Tax - What Are My Options? The Single Tax of Different Countries What Needs More Attention When Purchasing Nfl Uniform? Use Accounting Firms For Tax Preparation Finding A Tax Preparer Bills vs Bengals Odds: NFL Week 11 Picks Watch Now Green Bay Packers Vs Detroit Lions Live Free Nfl Football Streaming Sopcast|| Nfl Week 14 Texans vs Jets: NFL Picks & Week 11 Odds NFL Odds Week 11: Browns vs Jaguars - NFL Picks Are You Ready for the 2011 Tax Changes? Indian Tribe Snubs IRS, Refuses To Pay Income Taxes Redskins vs Titans: NFL Week 11 Odds & Lines Packers vs Vikings: NFL Week 11 Odds & Picks
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.26.176) / Processed in 0.010614 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 2678, 184,
Do I Need To File A Federal Income Tax Return?