Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » Do I Need A Lawyer For My South Carolina Workers' Compensation Case?
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Do I Need A Lawyer For My South Carolina Workers' Compensation Case?

It might surprise you, but the truth is that not all workers' compensation claims require a lawyer

. Some you may be able to handle on your own. However, most experienced South Carolina Workers' Compensation attorneys offer free case evaluations, so it is always in your best interest to at least consult with an attorney before deciding to handle your work injury claim on your own. Remember, workers' compensation claims adjusters work for your employer's insurance company and have your employers' interests in mind, not yours.

If you consult with a South Carolina workers' compensation attorney, he or she can explain your legal rights and advise you as to the best way to handle your work injury claim.

Many Workers' Compensation Attorney's Are Contingency Fee Based Agreements

There are many South Carolina attorneys who do not require a retainer or payment as a prerequisite to representing workers' compensation claimants. Many attorneys represent injured workers on a contingency fee basis.

Contingency Fee Agreements are often the best choice for injured workers' who may not have the money to pay an attorney, even if they need an attorney for their workers' compensation case. Under a contingency fee based contract, you do not owe anything up front, and typically, there is not attorney fee unless you recover a settlement or award for your workers' compensation claim. The attorney's fee is deducted from the settlement recovery when your case is resolved.

In our office, in most cases the client pays nothing out of pocket for their case. This means that you do not have to come up with money in order to have your legal rights protected for your workers' compensation case. SC Workers' Compensation Attorney's Fees and Costs Must Be Approved By the Commission

In South Carolina, all lawyer's fees and costs incurred must be approved by the South Carolina Workers' Compensation Commission. The Commission's rules limit attorney's fees to one-third of the amount recovered. The lawyer's fee must be based on only the amount awarded and may not be calculated on the weekly benefits you received from your employer that were voluntarily paid to you as a result of your work injury.

It is always best to speak with an attorney about your workers' compensation claim, even if you are not yet ready to retain an attorney. We offer free reports and information for injured workers in South Carolina, including Charleston and the surrounding areas of the lowcountry and throughout the state.

by: Shelly Leeke
Investing In Greece Property Is The Best Decision For Purchasing Properties Lawyers Specialize In Different Accident Areas Investing In Condos And The Advantages Of It Investing In Alternate Power Stocks Retirees Need to Take Charge of Their Retirement Income and Expenses Benefits Of Iras When Investing For Retirement From Entrustcama What Are The Various Sources Of Investing In North Carolina Foreclosures Ways To Approach Investing In Lake Gaston Properties Tax incentives investing with North America's Indigenous Benefits Of Investing In Mutual Funds Annuity Settlement Retirement Options Introduction to Investing Investing In Bonds
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.218.215) / Processed in 0.005645 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2706, 176,
Do I Need A Lawyer For My South Carolina Workers' Compensation Case?