Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Disney World Vacation Planning - How Long Should Your Vacation Be? by:Clare Swindlehurst
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Disney World Vacation Planning - How Long Should Your Vacation Be? by:Clare Swindlehurst

Disney World Vacation Planning - How Long Should Your Vacation Be? by:Clare Swindlehurst

Now that you've decided to take you family to Walt Disney World I know you'll be keen to get on and book your vacation

. But you can't do that until you know how long you are going to be there for. There are three factors you need to consider when deciding how long your Disney World vacation should be and they are: how many days can you afford to take, how many days do you have available and how many days do you need.

1. How many days can you afford to take?

While it is possible to make a Disney vacation more affordable the fact of the matter is that they don't come cheap. As well as airfare and hotel costs you also have to factor in park tickets, and dining, and souvenirs. Over a period of days these costs can really start to add up. So the first thing you need to do is work out how many days you can afford to take a Disney World vacation for.

2. How many days do you have available?Disney World Vacation Planning - How Long Should Your Vacation Be? by:Clare Swindlehurst

As much as we'd all wish to have extended vacations in reality they are just not possible. Now you have worked out how many days your budget will cover you now need to think about how many days you can actually spend on vacation. As with any vacation planning you need to think about work schedules and school schedules. How many vacation days do you have? Can you coincide your vacation time with school holidays?

3. How many days do you need?

The final factor to consider is how many days you'll need to spend at Walt Disney World in order to see and experience everything you want to. You will need to think about:

The weather - If you are travelling between May and September then the conditions will be hot and humid and you will need to take an afternoon break away from the heat. This obviously cuts into the amount of time you can actually spend touring the parks.

On the flip side if you travel during the cooler months they are considered low season and some of the attractions may be closed for refurbishment. Only one of the water parks operates at a time from November through March and it may be too cold for swimming anyway!

The time of year - Those hotter summer months are also usually the most crowded, second only to the Christmas holidays period of course. The heavier the crowds in the parks the more time it will take for you to experience the rides and attractions and therefore you might not be able to see and do everything you want to in a short period of time.

Again the cooler months are low season so the crowds are lighter, but the parks close earlier.

The age of your children - If you are travelling with small children they you will need to think about leaving the parks to have a mid-afternoon break and a nap, as well as making time for distractions such as character interactions. A family with children will always tour the parks more slowly than one without and you need to take this into consideration.

The minimum number of days

Taking all of these things into account I believe that the minimum number of vacation days for a Disney World vacation is five. And that's five full days excluding travel days. This will allow you to spend one full day at each of the four themeparks with a day over to visit the water parks or to spend another day at your favourite park.Disney World Vacation Planning - How Long Should Your Vacation Be? by:Clare Swindlehurst

But don't worry if you can't fit five vacation days into your schedule. It is possible to enjoy a shorter trip to Disney World, you just need to accept that you won't be able to visit all of the theme parks. I'm pretty sure Disney won't be closing the doors any time soon so you have plenty of time for a return visit!

Of course if you have more than five days available then that's great. The longer you have to spend the more you will see and the more relaxing vacation you will have. A couple of years back my husband and I were lucky to take a 21 day trip, and of course we loved every second of it.

About the author

p.s. If you're wondering how you work out your Disney World vacation budget then you should enroll in my free Operation Pixie Dust: Booking Basics home study course. Not only do I walk you through the costs of a Disney World vacation I even give you a spreadsheet to help you work out your budget. Sign up here: http://www.member.operationpixiedust.com/
Chicago, the City Built for the World to See by:Sheila Dodd India Pilgrimage Tours - In Communion with Divinity by:Sara Hasan Indigo Air Lines Presents Beneficial IndiGo Flights by:Sanjay Singh Fly with GoIndiGo to See the Beauty of India by:Sanjay Singh Explore & Experience All the Beautiful Islands of the Caribbean - Cruise to the Caribbean Today! by:Rita Harmon Find Out How to Get Cheap Flights to the Hottest Island Destinations With These Essential Tips! by:Rita Harmon Traveling at the Last Minute? The Best Tips on How to Get Cheap Last Minute Flights! by:Rita Harmon Accommodation In The New Forest by:Amit Verma India Tours: Travel to the Heart of Real India by:Aalia Khan Secluded Travel - The Perfect Option For Couples and Families Looking For an Island Vacation! by:Rita Harmon Travel Tips Last Minute Deals by:Venkatesh Iyer Singapore to Emerge as Key Medical Tourism Destination by:Shushmul Maheshwari Counting Down to Your Thailand Holiday
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.70.238) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.014823 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 4483, 954,
Disney World Vacation Planning - How Long Should Your Vacation Be? by:Clare Swindlehurst Copenhagen