Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Developing the Entrepreneurial Spirit in Children
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Developing the Entrepreneurial Spirit in Children

I very much want my son to follow my footsteps into this business

. My son is currently twelve, but I already had countless discussions with him about the real estate business. Over the summer in between school, I was working on several flips, and I required him to work a minimum of four hours a week at my buildings. I paid him well for his time showing him what hard work paid. I had him painting doors and doing various projects. I've always believed that construction is an essential component to being a landlord. When you're coming up in the business, you need to learn how to fix things even if you intend to hire people to do it. The knowledge and skills have been priceless in my career, as I still to this day build a kitchen from time to time.

When my son gets to the age where he's thinking about college, things should get pretty interesting. I have some outside-the-box ideas when it comes to education. I work too hard for my money and have too much respect for my nest egg to see it go to waste if my son is not focused on going to college. I'd hate to spend $50,000 a year so he could smoke pot and chase girls and get mediocre grades. I would demand that he does much better than that for a return on my investment of $50,000 year. If he has no desire to attend college, then I would offer him a plan I call entrepreneur 101.

Entrepreneur 101 assumes that college costs $50,000 year for four years giving you a $200,000 investment in your son's education. Why not use that money to buy a $1 million apartment building with say fifteen units in it. I could buy an apartment building and have my son work there. As he learns about construction, communication with tenants, sales as he rents apartments and all the other various things that you learn when you manage a piece of commercial real estate. If he does well there, I could offer him a piece of the building, and if he doesn't do well there, he could take the low road and my money didn't go to waste.

By: Davsere
How To Help Your Obese Child Trim Pregnancy - Lose Weight After Childbirth Domestic Violence By Proxy - The Key To Healing Parental Alienation & Helping Your Compromised Child Deals In Baby Boy Socks Working Online Jobs Are For Teens, Too Avatar Costumes – Here Are Some Halloween Night Outfit Concepts With Regard To Grown Ups As Well As Children Getting Inside The Many Factors Of Constipation In Children Toy Story Jessie Costume – Looking To Get The Best Kids Film Halloween Costume Suggestions Help your child lose weight with our top tips Why Do Some Children Struggle With Reading? Should Children Make You Stand By Your Cheating Man? How to Make a Camping Trip Memorable For the Kids Unique Costume Ideas for Children - Avatar Costumes for Kids
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.172.213) / Processed in 0.007055 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2127, 956,