Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » Debt Collection Basics: Part Seven
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Debt Collection Basics: Part Seven

In my first six articles on my seven article series on debt collection

, I defined a collection account and why it is profitable for a creditor to send a delinquent account to collections. I mentioned that many creditor will sell very antiquated debt to third party collection companies which become the new creditors and will start to collect on the debt themselves.

I mentioned the information that a collection company will utilize to put together a game plan when it is collecting from a debtor and the statute of limitations to collect debt. I mentioned that third party debt collection agencies are governed by federal and state law and are overseen by the Federal Trade Commission.

I wrote about a number of illegal and legal tactics that a third party collection agent may utilize to collect a debt. I stressed the importance of verifying proof of the repayment agreement and obtaining proof that you paid after you have done so. I gave you the advice that it is easier and less stressful to stay on top of payments in the future, and that if you fall behind with a creditor by one or two payments, deal with them directly instead of allowing them to send your account to collections.

I let you know that many times if you can anticipate not being able to make a payment it can be better to call a creditor in advance and let them know about this and ask them if there is anything that you can do. Most times these financial situations can be dealt with without penalties or late fees.

I gave you the obvious advice that your father always told which was in order to protect your personal finances, cut back on stress and avoid the debt collector, never pay for what you can't buy now. With the exception of food, water, heat, or shelter there is nothing that you absolutely need now, that is worth endangering your financial situation for. The economy is in shambles now, so that job you might be depending on may not always be there. This concludes my series on debt collection, I hope this summary was informative.

by: Mallory Megan
Why Should You Purchase And Wear An Undershirt? Mark Cella On The Effects Of Our National Debt Do You Need To Get Out Of Debt? Do You Have Bad Debt You Need To Pay Off? What You Should Do To Lower Your Debt Consumer Debt Reduction Advice Benefits And Detriments Guidelines To Purchase Great Apparatus For Safety And Saving Life College Finance: How To Get Out Of Your Debt Option Purchase Approach Purchase Order Financing Canada There Has Never Been A Better Time To Purchase A Sterling Silver Charm Bracelet Debt Settlement - A Loophole in the Financial System That Allows You to Eliminate Unsecured Debts Stop Debt Collection - Will Debt Settlement Help Me in Ending the Collection Calls?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.83.8) / Processed in 0.010601 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2102, 179,
Debt Collection Basics: Part Seven