Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Customer Engagement - It's Time to Combine the Best of Online Purchases with In-Store Shopping
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Customer Engagement - It's Time to Combine the Best of Online Purchases with In-Store Shopping

Customer Engagement - It's Time to Combine the Best of Online Purchases with In-Store Shopping

I must admit it. I am a typical guy. I don't really like to go shopping, and I look for every chance I get to consolidate shopping expeditions and eliminate trips to the store.

So a few years ago, when I really took the opportunity presented by Amazon.com and other sites to shop online -particularly at Christmas time- I was overcome with cheer, that is holiday cheer, because doing so let me minimize the drudgery of the season and focus more on faith, family and friends.

Still, even though the convenience and ease of online shopping has made my annual holiday shopping far less time-consuming and exhausting, I'm left with a nagging feeling that I am missing something -something important that I can only experience if I actually make the time to shop at brick-and-mortar stores.Customer Engagement - It's Time to Combine the Best of Online Purchases with In-Store Shopping

Upon reflection, that something is really four very important "somethings" that make us who we are as humans, namely the satisfaction of touching, tasting, hearing and smelling. Sure shopping online can deliver all sorts of images-from cheerful holiday online catalog type shots to a full, 3-D fly-around of merchandise I'm evaluating-to satisfy my visual sense, but what about the simple experience of holding an item in my hand and evaluating it in a quite personal way with all the other senses an online image can't satisfy?

What if I could have the best of both worlds? What if I could have the convenience and ease of locating merchandise online and also have the in-person shopping experience that lets me squeeze the produce, taste the cookie, smell the evergreen and listen to the din of shoppers hurry about on their own expeditions?

Apparently, I'm not the only one asking those questions. A couple of new reports from Aberdeen Group, sponsored by HP, suggest in-store technology, like digital signage, point-of-sale systems and kiosks, can bring the convenience of online shopping into the retail space, to complement the in-store shopping experience.

However, 76 percent of 100 senior retail executives from apparel, grocery and department stores surveyed by Aberdeen Group report not possessing the technology or business processes to make use of Web, catalog or special orders from their stores.Customer Engagement - It's Time to Combine the Best of Online Purchases with In-Store Shopping

According to the reports -"The Customer Connected Store: 2011 Store Operations Automation Best Practices" and "Retail Network Optimization: A Strategic 21st Century Enabler"-fully one-third of the retailers surveyed said they are likely to invest in kiosks that help give shoppers the experience of online shopping and the ability to check inventory while in the store.

The reports also identify why retailers should be willing to recreate an element of the online shopping experience for customers. The researchers found that retailers who give customers the ability to do things like place Web or catalog orders in the store are "1.4 times more likely to see higher than 80 percent customer satisfaction in stores" than retailers that don't do so, a press release announcing the surveys said.

The bottom line: interactive digital signage technology offers retailers a wide variety of advantages, not the least of which is touch-screen access to the Web to support things like in-depth product information, inventory checks and catalog purchases.

If retailers follow through and actually invest in interactive digital signage and kiosks, I know I'd be likely to return to brick-and-mortar retailers for more of my every day and holiday shopping, and I bet millions of others like me would, too.
Reasons Why It Might Be Time For You To Buy A Big Scanning device Reasons Why You Should Buy A Roomba Advice about what to Buy for Your Wii Being to conservative Doesn't Pay off Pay More Attention To The Hottest Mode, You Will Be Hot Too Where to buy Puppies Top Tips for buying Insurance in UAE How Are My Interest Minimizer Payments Process For Nationwide Biweekly Administration? Online Women Clothes Shopping For Perfect Outfit Where To Buy The Best Earl Grey Black Tea? Where To Buy Amoxicillin? Does The Transformation Solution Work? - Does it really work? Should You Buy The Transformation Solution? Buy Enlarge Maxx
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.181.231) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.006379 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3743, 962,
Customer Engagement - It's Time to Combine the Best of Online Purchases with In-Store Shopping Campo Grande