Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Charter Jets -- Aircraft Instructments I
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Charter Jets -- Aircraft Instructments I

At all times a pilot needs to know how his aircraft is performing and at what position they're in above the earth

. The charter jet provides just that with excellent aircraft instruments. In the early days of flying, pilots flew "by the seat of their pants," or depended entirely upon their senses to tell them the position or attitude of the plane.

Medical science has proved that pilots cannot depend on their senses for this all the time. Just for an example: a pilot may be leaning to one side but think that he is sitting straight up.

With the development of aircraft instruments has made it possible to fly blind or fly with instruments when the pilot cannot see the ground because of bad weather or darkness. Charter jet instruments are complicated to build and expensive to buy. Just for an example take one electronic fuel gauge may cost upward of $6,000 or more.

There are three general groups of aircraft instruments at bay. The first group is the navigation instruments which help the pilot to find his way from one airport to the other. The second group is the flight instruments, which tell the pilot the aircraft attitude of his aircraft while in the air. Last but not least are the engine and airframe instruments which tell how the aircraft is operating.Charter Jets -- Aircraft Instructments I

Of the flight instruments there are the picot-static tube that provides information about air pressure for a number of aircraft instruments such as the altimeter and airspeed indicator. It consists of two separate tubes or air lines, a picot tube and a static tube, mounted together in a housing.

This heading edge of an airplane wing or under the fuselage in multi-engine airplanes. The static tube is closed at the end but slotted on the side so that it obtains the atmospheric or static, pressure outside the aircraft.

The picot tube is open at the end so that it receives the full impact of the pressure of the air stream. The term picot tube often is used to include both tubes. The picot-static tube must be protected from ice or water so that it will register accurately. Usually a heater coil melts any ice and a drain carries off water.

The barometric altimeter is used to determine the height or altitude of the aircraft above the earth. It measures atmospheric pressure by information received from the static tube and operates just like an aneroid barometer. The atmospheric pressure becomes less at a regular rate as the aircraft goes up and thus indicates the height in feet of the aircraft.

by: Gary Cooper
Australia Work Visa - Basic Facts Head To The Land Down Under With An Australian Work Visa Uk Tourist Visa - Things You Should Know Student Visa For Australia South Africa Tourist Visa - Things To Know Points To Remember Before You Submit Your South African Visa Application We Are Travelling To The Uk - Do We Need To Get Tourist Visas? South Africa - An Ideal Vacation Destination, So Do Not Forget Your Tourist Visa Travelling To Australia? You May Need A Tourist Visa South Africa Visa - Stringent Rules And Regulations Gay Tours For Singles And Bali Getting Your Visa To Study In Australia Top Five Historical Australia Attractions
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.198.49) / Processed in 0.011980 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2579, 954,