Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Celadon Candy EP Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Celadon Candy EP Review

Celadon Candy EP Review

You'd never guess by listening to their first 3-song EP, that Paul Allgood and Jason Bowden (Celadon Candy) are coming out of the 'sweet' South, North Carolina to be exact. Yes, these former members of Wedlock (a techno-y/pop/funk hybrid group) have burst through the glass ceiling, and are shattering the stereotypes of the electro-pop genre with full force.

Their first release is a modest EP that boasts a sound reminiscent of the dance pop of the 1980's, blended with the industrial revival of the 1990's, yet stands alone in it's arrangement in such a way that it's hard to pinpoint a specific influence. One thing, though is certain: these two musicians present a unique quality in their pairing that's both intriguing and inviting.

The EP's first track, Sweet, pulses with electricity and a synth driven rhythm similar to the likes of Skinny Puppy, while the middle track, Broken, takes a darker turn with a shadowy undercurrent and emotionally charged lyrics.

While listening to the final track (my favorite of the three), Undercutter, I found myself reliving the days I spent on the dance floor of underground industrial clubs, where the scent of patchouli and clove cigarettes filled the air, and Type O Negative records spun away the cares of all of us that felt misunderstood. It sums up a feeling that's slightly familiar, and yet bubbling with mystery.

Though the execution and structure of the songs may have a few less favorable points, the daring originality of style pulls enough weight to win the listener over in the end.

Overall, infectious dance beats and a catchy tempo, paired with haunting vocals and poignant lyrics, help Celadon Candy to mix up a delicious recipe that's capable of crossing multiple genres and dispelling any electro-pop myths.

Celadon Candy has been nominated by Stone Wall Society's Pride In The Arts for favorite group(2010)and best dance record for "Undercutter."
A Massive Variety Of Pressure And Vacuum Air Blowers Fuco Burn Extreme Reviews Hp 8540w Review Handful Guides To Raise Financial Awareness In 2011 Poker Odds Calculating Review An Expert MLMLeadSystemPro Review Hp 2740p Review Fourneau Bruleur De Graisse Review-Fourneau Bruleur De Graisse Review How to Print Great Postcards Within a Small Budget The low budget Apartments for Sale Bangalore in the world Finding Cheap Hot Tubs To Fit Your Budget TaylorMade 09 Rescue Easier to Launch the Ball High Review Never Miss Hit with The Mizuno MX-560 Driver Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.134.7) / Processed in 0.010793 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2075, 385,
Celadon Candy EP Review