Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Canon i-SENSYS MF8050Cn Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Canon i-SENSYS MF8050Cn Review

The thought of including a flatbed scanner and also an Automatic Document Feeder

(ADF) to a colour laser printer to produce a business multifunction printer is continuing to get a lot more fashionable and Canon's i-SENSYS MF8050Cn was created for small business or perhaps smaller workgroups inside larger businesses.

This really is quite a well put together multifunction, not very much broader than the A4 flatbed scanner, which is located on top of it. It is pretty deep, on the other hand, because the in-line, colour laser engine runs the paper by front to back, exiting on the top of the printer section, in which there exists a cut-out close to the control panel, to help you access documents easily.

The control panel per se, although busy, is nicely laid out, along with a fax dial-up pad on the right, along with the copy controls. In the middle is the five-line, backlit Liquid crystal display, with the three main setting keys for Copy, Fax as well as Scan at the rear along with a navigation ring right in front. To the left there are fax and copy-related features and also the first five of the quick-dial numbers. Raise this area of the panel upward in order to reveal 19 more quick-dials, a nice method of employing dual-function control keys.

There is a front panel USB socket just below the control panel which can take a USB drive, but it's limited to storing scanned images as PDF files plus it is unable to manage walk-up printing.

This is a totally networked, multifunction machine, designed for printing and copying in an office environment, however it has a single 150-sheet paper tray without any method of including a second, although there's a single-sheet multipurpose slot.

Installation is fairly simple, with a typical package of Canon multifunction software along with a copy of Presto! Page Manager intended for document management. Drivers are supplied for Windows and also OS X, though you'll find nothing specific supplied regarding Linux.

Our five-page black text print returned 5.77ppm and even though we saw 9.52ppm for the 20-page test, it's nevertheless quite a bit lower than the target figure.

Our colour test generated a speed of 4.84ppm. Subjectively, the appliance would seem slow-moving and when copying a five-page text document from the ADF, it was pretty apparent that the scanning concluded before page one was out of the printer.

The quality of the print is as fine as we have now come to anticipate from Canon, although normal black print is a bit lighter in comparison with from a number of its competitors. Black text as well as colour graphics display the good quality of colour fills plus although there is a little texturing of areas of fill, colours are good and strong areas emerge nicely. There is a small amount of haloing of black text over coloured backgrounds.

A colour copy produced hardly any degradation from the original plus colour tones were nicely reproduced at extremely near to their original tones. The photo print appeared much more natural compared to many, with a smaller amount of the distinctive over-saturation a lot of lasers create. The default 600dpi resolution of the print engine is quite apparent in dither patterns, however.

The only real consumables include four drum and Canon i-SENSYS MF8050Cn toner cartridges, that are suitable for 2,300 pages of black as well as 1,500 pages of each colour, at ISO coverage levels.

It's a fair colour laser multifunction device from Canon, although the lack of a walk-up print capability as well as the paltry capacity of the primary feed tray are actually odd design aberrations from a firm that usually gets this stuff spot on. Even the inkjet all-in-ones possess two, 150-sheet paper trays as typical.

Canon toner cartridges can be found here.

By: Jack Underwood
Jenasol Review - How Does It Work? Activ Otc Review - How Does It Work? The Make2Much Money Making System and What It's All About SurveyLot Review - Is it Worth It? Unclaimed Money Vault Hits All-Time High Bettors Bot Review Aarkstore Enterprise -Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited (8593) -Financial and Strategc New York Short Term Apartment Rentals Can Save You Money Review of LG 50PK760 Sources of Finance: A Shift from the Past to Present Review of F1 2010 Overcoming Stress - Overcome Stress Easily Review Gale Tern Arthritis Pain Central Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.243.32) / Processed in 0.012573 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 4389, 385,