Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Can I Claim My Ppi Payments Back?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I Claim My Ppi Payments Back?

Can I Claim My Ppi Payments Back?

If you are one of the millions of people who have ever taken out a mortgage

, loan or credit, it will be likely that you have been paying for payment protection insurance, added on by your lender. PPI ideally covers your ability to repay your debt should you find yourself in difficult circumstances such as becoming unemployed or getting injured, however, the lenders found a loophole and have been selling PPI to customers who were not eligible for the cover or who did not fit the particulars of the PPI they were sold. If you have paid for PPI, whether you tried to use it or not, you may be entitled to claim this money back. What you may not be aware of is why you could be eligible to claim and why the banks could face a huge wave of payouts

There are many people who were sold PPI and were entirely ineligible by their definition, anyone over the age of 65, the age of retirement, would never be entitled to claim PPI as they are likely not to be in full time employment. Anyone who is self employed is considered a financial risk and no PPI policy would cover their ability to make repayments. Anyone with a historical medical condition is unlikely to be able to get PPI cover as they are more likely to be forced off work. Despite this, banks are more than happy to sell PPI to everyone knowing full well it will never cover them if needed.

Banks and lenders have offered products with full knowledge of the situation, something which financial watchdogs have frowned upon very much. Many of the UKs high street lenders have been forced to offer refunds to their customers but many have adopted a 'don't ask - don't get' policy that means the consumer has to go on the hunt for their money either alone or with legal assistance.

The first stage in attempting to reclaim your PPI payments is to send your bank a letter requesting a full refund. From this you will receive a long winded 'no' to which you will need to duplicate your first letter in addition to declaring your intent to pursue legal action and support from the financial ombudsman. Your requests will be met with a variety of answers ultimately dismissing your claim on the basis of your lack of authority. The key is perseverance and it will significantly help your chances if you do get the ombudsman involved. Ultimately if all else fails, enlist professional help.Can I Claim My Ppi Payments Back?

The easiest way to claim back your PPI is to use a legal agency as they know what they are doing and will be able to take care of everything for you. This will be much more effective than pursuing the matter yourself and will most likely end in success. Many solicitors are no win no fee so there is no disadvantage to using them.

by: Tom Doerr
Eight Kinds Of Insurance Never To Buy Buyer Beware - not all Ashiatsu's are created equal Why buy Netbook ? Playboy Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: PLA) One Step Closer to Buyout FAQs for Canadians Wishing to Buy US Property Shopping For Cheap Medical Supplies Online Ukuele Mahalo Buyers Guide How To Make Sure You Don't Pay Over The Odds For Your Car Aj Group Finds Good Buyers The Role Of Property Buyers Make Your Purchasing So Simple with Kuwait online shopping Methodology The Benefits of Grocery Shopping Online and Why More Consumers Are Shifting Talk about your online shopping experience
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.166.98) New York / New York City Processed in 0.012448 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2772, 962,
Can I Claim My Ppi Payments Back? New York City