Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Playboy Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: PLA) One Step Closer to Buyout
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Playboy Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: PLA) One Step Closer to Buyout

The special board committee of Playboy Enterprises Inc.

, formed in August to consider whether or not to accept Hugh Heffner's bid for the remaining outstanding shares of Playboy Enterprises, Inc. has retained the services of Raine Securities LLC as its financial advisors and Kaye Scholer LLP as its legal advisors, a move indicating this deal could be close to closing if approved.

Hefner had made an offer to buy out all common stock not held by him for $5.50 a share, valuing the iconic gentlemen's media outlet at $185M. In a statement, Hefner said private ownership "will reinvigorate the company and create a lasting legacy" for the bunny brand.

He also said "I believe this proposal is in the best interests of our company and its minority stockholders. The proposal provides an excellent opportunity for the minority stockholders of PEI to realize liquidity for their shares at a significant premium to market values. I believe the proposal will also reinvigorate the company I founded and create a lasting legacy for the Playboy brand, a brand we have all worked hard to establish as one of the most widely recognized and popular brands in the world."

Hefner owns 69.5% of its Class A shares Even though he owns only 33.7% of its Class B shares; Hefner has de-facto control of Playboy. Immediately after Hefner's offer, Playboys competitor FriendFinder Networks Inc., which owns explicit competitor Penthouse Magazine, upped Heff's bid by offering $6.25 per share, putting the value at $210M. FriendFinder's CEO Marc Bell said "Heffner's bid dramatically undervalues Playboy".

Heff was characteristically blunt about Penthouse's offer. In a post to Twitter, he said "My interest in taking Playboy private is prompting some crazy rumors. Playboy isn't in play. I'm buying, not selling."Penthouse's offer to buy the shares at a 13% premium will probably go unconsidered.

For more information visit http://www.worldmarketmedia.com/779/section.aspx/2346/post/playboy-enterprises-inc-nyse-pla-one-step-closer-to-buyout

By: Ronald Russo
FAQs for Canadians Wishing to Buy US Property Shopping For Cheap Medical Supplies Online Ukuele Mahalo Buyers Guide How To Make Sure You Don't Pay Over The Odds For Your Car Aj Group Finds Good Buyers The Role Of Property Buyers Make Your Purchasing So Simple with Kuwait online shopping Methodology The Benefits of Grocery Shopping Online and Why More Consumers Are Shifting Talk about your online shopping experience Which Meat Should I Buy For A Bbq? Online Shopping For Lucky Charms In Sterling Silver Online shopping solution saves your money Where To Buy Wardrobes Most Cost Effectively
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.85.33) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.005962 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2474, 962,
Playboy Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: PLA) One Step Closer to Buyout Kista