Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Call of Duty: Black Ops Review
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Call of Duty: Black Ops Review

This probably is the last COD series that I will be buying. In the future I will stay clear of anything made by Treyarch (or whatever they are called).

Activision, are you listening? Bring back Infinity Ward or this franchise is doomed.

Pros:

- I like the Contracts in the multiplayer mode and the whole wager thingie that they introduced.

- They now have a theater mode (like Halo 3) where you can replay and analyze your last game. I sorely missed this in MW2. In MW2, I once got 30 kills with only 2 deaths and really wanted to save the game so that I could show off to my friends - but could not.

Cons:

Well, where do I begin?

- Graphics: The reason I was attracted to MW2 was the ultra realism in the game. It was almost like I was watching a Hollywood movie and I was the action hero in it. This shooting games graphics is so 20th century. The colors are gaudy, jarring and unreal. The action is cartoonish. In fact all objects in the game look cartoonish. Its like playing an Open-GL based PC game of the 1990s.

- Sound: You must have read about this in many reviews. The sound feels like it was recorded in a bum's garage. The bullets sound like raindrops falling on your roof - maybe that is what they actually recorded. The explosions sound muted and distant. When I first played this game, I started adjusting my amplifier settings thinking that something was wrong with my audio config. But MW2 and every other game sounded great so I knew that this game was the problem.

- Blank screen: In one of the campaign levels (I don't remember which one and I don't care), I was asked to open a door by hitting "X". After I did that, the screen went blank. I could see the compass at the lower right corner. I could hear the voices in the background. But I could not see anything. I tried restarting the level several times, but I hit this issue every time. Now I cannot continue the campaign and am stuck.

- Lastly (and this may be peculiar to me), the game takes you back in the 1960s. Which means all the weapons etc are 1960-ish. For me, that's a big bummer. I loved the predator missile, the sentry gun, the heartbeat sensor of MW2. The weapons had a wonderful feel to it. In this game, I hate most of the weapons (although many of the weapons are similar to MW2).

All in all, this was a big waste of my money. I am going to sell it on Craigslist probably to another sucker, and look for another FPS. If anyone knows a good FPS like MW2, please let me know.
Popular Ping G10 Driver Review TCL L32HDF11TA 32-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty, Black Review When Do You Need Hard Money Financing? Mitsubishi LT 40151 - 40 Inch Black LCD HDTV Reviews Mitsubishi L75-A91 75-Inch 1080p LaserVue HDTV Review Mitsubishi WD-60638 60-Inch 1080p 3D-Ready DLP HDTV Review Doctor X Your Snoring Cures - How To Cure Snoring Review How The Cost Of Factoring Finance Makes Sense In Accounts Receivable Financing Low and Deep CG Mizuno MX-700 Driver Review Ping rapture Irons review Bacario Reviews -Bacario Reviews Are You Just Doing It For The Money? Does Money Buy You Freedom?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.84.130) / Processed in 0.004855 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2653, 385,