Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Avoiding Online Pseudo-Intimacy
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Avoiding Online Pseudo-Intimacy

If you had initially met someone in person prior to becoming geographically separated

, then you would have some foundation from which to build your relationship by staying in contact virtually. However, if you instead met someone online first, then you need to be aware of the potential that dating virtually, i.e., via the internet and telephone only, can lead to the creation of a "pseudo-intimacy." So here are a few tips to help you get the most out of virtual dating prior to meeting in person.

After exchanging a few emails to determine if you want to pursue the relationship, I suggest that you graduate to talking on the telephone pretty quickly. Once you feel the relationship is progressing, it's important that you discuss when you're going to meet in person.

If meeting in person isn't possible for a number of weeks or months, then I suggest that you make a schedule as to when, and for how long, you'll talk on the phone. You can supplement your phone calls with email or instant messaging, as well as with snail (postal) mail. Attempt to discuss current events, rather than "what it'll be like when we're together," or bemoaning your separate geographical fate. Creating and maintaining this type of structure over your virtual contact should help you to feel more in control and comfortable in a situation where there really is no structure.

Now I can better explain what I mean when I say that dating virtually can lead to a "pseudo-intimacy." If you haven't met in person, it's difficult to know if the chemistry you feel over the phone has any basis in reality. After all, you really only have a picture and voice to go on! Unfortunately, the internet and the telephone lend themselves to create environments where it is easier to let down your defenses, and say things without knowing how your message "lands" on another person.

My advice to singles who meet virtually is to ALWAYS do whatever it takes to meet in person, and as soon as possible. This way, you give your feelings a chance to "check in" with your dating partner in the real world, which is where you're going to live together eventually anyway, right?!

Copyright 2005 Janice D. Bennett, Ph.D.

About Janice D. Bennett, Ph.D. Practicing as a psychologist for over 20 years, Janice has treated many singles looking to get married, but who had become depressed and demoralized by the dating process. She now uses her skills and experience to help healthy singles overcome the obstacles preventing them from attaining the relationships and lives they really want. Janice has been quoted in Cosmopolitan

Now Pay Close Attention --

Online Dating has been the most popular way to hookup with women but many guys don't have a clue how to get the job done ...

[Problem #1] What to say in your profile and emails to get chicks to respond and date you.

[Problem #2] Sites where REAL chicks are WAITING to talk to you.

I've spend months intensively testing profile text, sending women thousands of emails and going through hundreds of dating sites. This system has been tried and tested and known to produce excellent results.

Both steps in this system have free trials so you can try before you buy, so I highly recommend that you test this system first and see some results.

First: Download 7 Secrets To Building Deep Attraction Online

That will show you EXACTLY what to say in your profile and emails to inspire women to leap off of your screen and into your arms THIS WEEK!

Second: Click Here To Visit The Date Match Homepage

This site is chocked-full of irresistible, real women who actually want to go on dates! This is not one of those fake dating sites where 90% of the profiles aren't real and just waste of time. I have tested hundreds of dating sites and this site has proven to out perform all others over and over.

Be careful, though. These sites will entice you to spend money, don't do it. Test the system first, then go all-out only when your completely sure the system works.

So if you want to effortlessly hook up with women then I strongly recommend you read everything I just wrote and do it before it's too late!

By: yolando brunow
Guidelines On Selecting The Lowest Wisconsin Mortgage Rates Online A Best Type of Forex Trade Can A Beginner Trader Earn a Living With Forex? Buy Soma online with no prescription necessary at OnlineSomas.org Online Danger Signs Why Online Media planning is Important? Online Media Planning & Buying" Differs From Other Services Regular Updates Can Help You To Enhance Your Online Reputation Buying outfits online through the Spyder outlet Tips to Connect With Someone Online How to Flirt Online - Little Known Tips About Learning How to Flirt Online Wow-gold-team.com For Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying Wow Gold Online Old Age Companion Ship Over Online Chat Sites
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.219.217) / Processed in 0.014227 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 40 , 4760, 973,