Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » App Review: Android Foursquare
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

App Review: Android Foursquare

Foursquare is the location-based applications that are available for Android iPhone Palm and BlackBerry

. Many of you are probably already familiar with it, at least, I saw people, showing their location on the disk Twitter and Facebook pages. Foursquare is both the media and to promote business. For those who want to let their friends in the electronic world know where they are, what they do, and how does it Foursquare is a great application. For businesses, it creates a new medium to disseminate information about products and services, particularly in a fixed location.

setting in the application Foursquare is quite simple. When you first open the application, it leads to the main screen has three tabs: Friends, places, and Me.

Charter Friends allows you to see where people have connected with the Foursquare which recently checked in. In touching these friends, youre instantly able to see their information, including, where last seen, and various options that control so that you can communicate directly with them via SMS, e-mail, Twitter, or by telephone. From my experience using these methods of contact, may find that many people do not realize that their information is there on this application for the world to see. He said that it is up to you to go to the home page through a web browser(no application on the phone) and Edit your privacy settings .

The second tab is the place where the phone uses GPS to locate the site, created by other members that are closest to you. At that time, unless the major metropolitan areas, you can still find places that will need to add to the database Foursquare place. This is done by touching a menu on your sites. Icon appears that says Add Venue. Touch the icon and you will be asked to provide certain information about the place you want to add.

Finally, I have a tab. This card shows the dates in history, in short, is a list of places that have become Mayor o, and it shows signs that we have achieved(based on the model check-in.) I only recently achieving the elusive Swarm badge and participate in the Phish concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Noblesville, Indiana. Many Social Media Clubs others tried to gather in one location Foursquare with the idea to release a swarm too.

The square also has a built-in feature that allows you to send the check-in to Facebook and Twitter pages . I urge you to use this with caution, though, it happens that we preserve a place for themselves. However, there is no doubt that we live in an age when people willingly turning over their location, as well as intimate details about their personal lives to feel more connected to the rest of the world. Its just a matter of time before we see our first Foursquare stalking story in the news.

Foursquare latest version(as of this writing) was v2010-08-05. In this version, changes included the ability to click on my card and set a new image for themselves directly from the application. Also in previous versions there was no option to view photos from other users via the application. Phone program viewing was used.

A common problem with this application(as well as with other GPS application-run) is that the phone often has to be in connection with the heavens be accurately located on the network. My wife always annoyed me standing outside the place out with my phone, trying to find a place on the Foursquare to be able to check in. However, Foursquare is on the verge of breaking out like Twitter is not a few years ago, so look for your friends Tweets and Facebook updates to display their status of the check-in!

Via: App Review: Android Foursquare

Related Posting Search Result:Review: Rainmeter 1.2(and the default theme Gnometer)

I have a confession to make: my desktop is completely out of stock. It's vanilla. There are no strange addit...Pro Tools Studio Vocal mini-review

When Avid announced that it will bring consumer versions of Pro Tools available under $100, I was excited. Pro T...Swype, fast on-screen keyboard Android opens public beta(and a review of the video)

Swype, if you have not heard about this earlier, is a new on-screen keyboard input. With it, not repulsive...Review: coding in Objective-C 2.0 screencasts

Last month Grant, Christina, and checked out a few screencasts with Bill Dudney Pragmatic Programmers'. In particu...Week in Review: October 3

It was quite a week here at Download Squad - contrary to popular belief, there were no more than Google Wave in the new...Week in Review: September 19, 2009

Shiver me timber! It was a lop-buckling week here on board HMS Download Squad, but if you're already off plunderin ...

App Review: Android Foursquare

By: blue10
Functional Papers Talking About Recommendations On How To Get Within The Budget Plane Ticket Costs Practical Compositions Discussing Advices On How To Hit Upon Within The Budget Plane Ticket Rates Valuable Papers Regarding Ways On How To Get Hold Of Low Budget Plane Fares Usable Editorials Talking About Secrets On Snatching Within The Budget Ticket Rates Low-budget Escape Deals To Elate You: Condos, Plane Tickets, Eating Areas, Shopping Centers, Things Can You Make Money With World Ventures Helpful Compositions Discussing Recommendations On How To Discover Tight Budget Plane Ticket Fares Advantageous Items About Advices On How To Grab Tight Budget Air Ticket Prices Simple Rules To Save Money How To Stick To A Budget Idol White Teeth Whitening Review | Does Idol White Really Work? Functional Items Discussing Ways On How To Grab Within The Budget Ticket Costs Your Best Protection At Performance Review Time
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.131.178) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.013778 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 5436, 385,
App Review: Android Foursquare Casper