Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Another Christmas miracle
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Another Christmas miracle

As Bop Hope was getting older he liked to share about an amazing discovery he had made by reading science books. "Today my heart beat over 86,000 times, my blood traveled several million miles, I breathed 23,400 times, I inhaled 438 cubic feet of air, ate 3 pounds of food, and drank 2.9 pounds of liquid.

"I perspired 1.43 pints gave off 85.3 degrees of heat generated 450 tons of energy, I spoke 4,800 words, I moved 750 major muscles, and I exercised 7 million brain cells."

Then he would pause and say with a grin, "It's no wonder I'm tired all the time." As we move into the holiday season many people can relate. The pressures of the silly season can sometimes be exhausting.Another Christmas miracle

A couple of years ago I was on a spiritual retreat in Scotland. In the back of an ancient church there was a small prayer room where people from all over the world would come and sit and place simple prayer notes on the altar.

One that was face up simply read, "Remember me Lord." It is to this hope that the scriptures implore us to understand the Christmas message of Immanuel, literally "God with us."

In the nineteenth century Francis Havergal wanted to draw closer to God. She spent untold hours memorizing the New Testament that God might say many things to her. Experiencing spiritual intimacy too deep for words she simply shared, "What you see, you can never unsee."

She is perhaps most remembered for the words to her immortal song, "Take my life, and let it be, consecrated, Lord, to theeTake my voice, and let me sing, always, only, for my KingTake my will and make it thine; it shall be no longer mine."

A passion like that will never be born from purchasing the latest fad, nor in the empty rituals of man-made religion, though many still try.

Indeed, in sixteenth century Geneva, Switzerland many rules were put in place to purify the people, some still followed by the faithful today in the hopes of finding God.

A few things on the city's forbidden list included feasting, dancing, singing, pictures, statues, organs, irreligious songs, plays, makeup, jewelry, swearing, gambling, cards, hunting, drunkenness, and naming children after anyone other than Old Testament characters.

Yet as Phillip Yancey so wonderfully shared, "I came face to face with God's love while I was at my worst, not my best."

Indeed, that is the hope of all people, that when we are not at our best there is a grace that sustains us.

So while you may be purchasing the new Haggar pants that expand two sizes when you open up the button, may your spiritual awareness also increase. That is the miracle of Christmas when we simply stop, slow down and remember Immanuel, God with us.
Tips for Purchasing Triple Bunk Beds Choose A Travel Pillow Visit Rome In 2 Days To Visit Rome Must See Sights And The Vatican Museum Collection Skipping The Lines With Nancy Aiello Rome Tours Give Dad the Perfect Gift This Christmas The Easy Saver Program Can Make The Holidays Less Stressful Jamaica travel: Visit Port Antonio How Mobile Deal Comparison Can Help You Save Developed Countries, International Experience In Manufacturing High Technology Aruba Sightseeing Tours – Things to See and Do Travel in Style With These Celebrity Beauty Products Spring Cleaning Your Horse Stable Trendy tag heuer replica watches formula one in myrtle beach Gianni Truvianni's "South Africa 2010", Brazil Falls Apart As Dutch Win 2-1
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.20.57) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012135 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 2834, 954,
Another Christmas miracle Copenhagen