Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » A Teenager's Tryst with Yoga
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Teenager's Tryst with Yoga

When I was 16, I thought I knew everything in this world. I used to hate being on the receiving side of advice. Naturally, I scorned at the suggestion of my mother to meet her Yoga instructor. As a teenager, I always dealt with such men suspiciously. The more she would insist, the more I would resist. And the more I resisted, the more her persistence. It was a vicious cycle from which I had no escape but to yield.

I, very reluctantly, enrolled for a Yoga course in my neighborhood and at the end of the last day, I regretted it thoroughly. I was then told that everyone who does this program regrets it; regrets about the fact that he/she had not done it earlier in life, however old/young they may be.

Some of the benefits were immediate. I felt a sense of calmness almost within minutes of the breathing techniques taught in the program. A state of mind, where very few or no thoughts existed at all, was such a relief from the otherwise thought-flooded state which included copious amounts of worries and anxiety.A Teenager's Tryst with Yoga

With sustained practice, my body was much more flexible and helped me perform better at my sporting activities which included athletics, tennis and table tennis. It increased my stamina, strength and improved my agility. I felt I knew my body much better than I did before.

The increase in energy levels became very obvious to my friends and family. More than anything else, I was happy more often than not. There was a positive shift in my perception. By looking at life from a larger perspective, all problems seemed very small. Knowing that this world has been in existence for millions of years and will continue to remain for millions more, and that our life on this planet is not even the size of a dot compared to the larger picture, brings tremendous freedom in the present moment.

My inter-personal relationships saw a significant shift. I was feeling more at ease with myself in the presence of strangers and friends alike. As a result of increased clarity of mind, communication became more effective and therefore, fewer estranged relationships.

On the academic front, I was able to grasp concepts better as I approached it with a more open mind. The ability to be focused and relaxed at the same time proved to be a blessing. When there is only focus or only relaxation, the productivity suffers. But a rare combination of the two improves perception and execution, which results in better productivity.

Yoga and meditation had become an indispensible part of my life. Though my friends considered it un-cool to meditate, I found immense happiness and joy attending to my inner being.

The proverb "to get rid of a bad habit, one must cultivate a good habit," proved true in my case with meditation entering my life, paving the way out for anger, greed and jealousy.

Thus began my journey.

What about yours?
Adult Sextoys can Increase Pleasurable Feelings During Sex Why We Need Supplements Like Mangosteen How To Raise Kids Gluten Free Review-A Product by Melanie Wilson Pens for Children Numbers of Dog Breeds Are Available For Your Loving Child NFL Jerseys for Football Crazy Kids Baby Present Basket Concept - Tips To Create Distinctive Child Present Baskets Choosing Junior Golf Sets For Kids Why don't children play outside anymore? Treat Your Kids with Cupcake Recipes Online Help Your Kids Stop Smoking Children Anger Management Tips Why a child Should Learn to Read Early
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.195.249) / Processed in 0.012383 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2990, 956,