Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » A Comparison Of Three Popular Meal Replacement Diets: Medifast, Nutrisystem, And Jenny Craig
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Comparison Of Three Popular Meal Replacement Diets: Medifast, Nutrisystem, And Jenny Craig

A Comparison Of Three Popular Meal Replacement Diets: Medifast, Nutrisystem, And Jenny Craig

Meal replacement diets are incredibly popular today for a few reasons

. First, few of us today have the time to research, chose, shop for and prepare our special diet foods (in addition to doing all of this for our families). Second, many of us become frustrated trying to tally points, count calories, or compute carbs. When someone can do this work for us and take the guess work out of equation, so much the better. This article will discuss some of the features of three of the most popular meal replacement plans to help you determine which is best for you.

Jenny Craig: (Best For Those Who Need Or Want Lots Of One On One Support): This meal replacement plan (endorsed by Queen Latifah and Valerie Bertinelli and previously by Kirstie Allie until she jumped ship) is best known for the counseling and support that you receive (most of the time in person) at the program's weight loss centers. The company provides your prepackaged food, to which you'll provide your own healthful additions (veggies, salads, etc.) Generally, you will pick up your food at the center and meet with your counselor one on one once per week. In my opinion, this diet seems to appeal to folks who crave face to face support and contact. Of the prepackaged diets I will discuss in this article, Jenny Craig is the most expensive and is the only one that charges an additional fee on top of your food, but there are often specials, like "lose 20 pounds for $20," or "$35 for six weeks." Still, this diet is among one of the only meal replacement plans that provides extensive one on one support with a counselor.

Nutrisystem: (Best For Those Who Want A Lot Of Choices And Control): Nutrisystem is also a meal replacement diet that has been endorsed by a string of celebrities like Jillian Barberie, Marie Osmond, and Tori Spelling. You eat on this diet five times per day and there are over 130 food choices. Like Jenny Craig, you add your own healthy additions in the form of fruits, veggies, and protein. So while your food is provided for you, you do have to make your own sides. I believe this diet appeals to folks who like to have a lot of choices and control, and don't mind making some of their own food decisions. Yes, you will eat the food provided, but you'll also be able to chose your own additions, which gives you a great deal of control and variety. There are many meal options here (including snacks, desserts, comfort foods) as well as the free online counseling that is provided. This counseling is not one on one or face to face like Jenny Craig, but many feel it is effective. Nutrisystem is essentially a low carb, high protein diet that encourages your body to burn it's own fat. You only pay for your food with this diet, which often runs about $10 per day, and, like the others, the company usually offers specials or free food.

Medifast: (Best For Those Who Value Convenience, Eating Frequently, and Results Over All Else): Medifast is among the most popular prepackaged, meal replacement diet programs for a couple of reasons. First, if followed correctly, the results can be pretty dramatic. I personally have lost a significant amount of weight on this one. Medifast works in the same way that Nutrisystem does, by having you consume a low amount of calories, a high amount of protein, and a low amount of carbs. There are over 70 food choices and contrary to what is commonly thought, many of the foods are solids, and are not just liquids. In addition to the popular shakes and bars, there are eggs, oatmeals, cappuccinos, cocoas, stews, crackers, chips, and puddings.A Comparison Of Three Popular Meal Replacement Diets: Medifast, Nutrisystem, And Jenny Craig

You eat six times per day and you make one "lean and green meal" on your own. So, you're only providing your own food once per day. I personally like this. Having to make too many food decisions is frustrating to and dangerous for me. If I could make good food decisions, I wouldn't need to be on a diet in the first place. This diet is endorsed by Genie Francis and Kristie Swanson. Although it provides extensive support online and information through it's publications, website, and forums, there is no obligation for counseling. I find that this diet appeals most to folks who value convenience, results, and having most of the work and guess work done so that you can focus on other things. Medifast costs around $8 to $10 per day but there are always medifast specials running which allow you to get 1-2 weeks of food free or around $50 off (and sometimes more.)

To get the latest medifast coupon codes discussed in this article, please check out my blog (where you can also read my free e book "Getting The Most Out Of Medifast" which includes recipes, the latest specials (up to two weeks free or over $50 off), tips, support, and motivation. Check it out if you like at http://easiest-diet.com/

By: Lindsey Price
Colorado Springs Spas Consumer's Guide: How To Choose Secrets Of The Best Spas In Colorado Springs Best Travel Credit Card - Capitalize on the Features and Rewards Atlanta Travel Ideas Destination Wedding Etiquette Sun Face Guarantee At Dundee Bay Villas In Grand Bahama Island Dundee Bay Villas Presents No Charge Hurricane Threat Guaranteed What Are The Most Common Triphala Side Effects Ornamental Ways For Cheap Christmas Presents Familiarizing Yourself With Travel Health Insurance Halloween Costume Ideas Choose Luxury Spanish Hotels for a Fantastic Holiday Who Deserves a Christmas Card this Year Anyway?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.136.233.222) / Processed in 0.015987 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 5538, 954,