Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » 3 kinds of comparison and synchronization for SQL Server database
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

3 kinds of comparison and synchronization for SQL Server database

Today, I will introduce you to 3 kinds of comparison and synchronization for SQL Server database.

SqlDelta 3 kinds of comparison and synchronization for SQL Server database

Redgate SQL Compare

D-Softs Database Compare

Demo

http://www.d-softs.com/demo.html

http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-compare

Because of my work, I needed to develop and maintain the management software for three subsidiaries. The new procedures will be deployed in my company, so when the subsidiaries use the procedures, not only did I need to update the program, but I also needed to make sure the database structure is consistent with each one. Some basic data contents of table also needed to be consistent.

In the beginning, I did not know such software, I had to write log or script that the program be synchronized, it took too much time, and when synchronizing the date, there were all kinds of problems, such as bug of the script. Sometimes, it related to a dozen tables and stored procedures.

So I searched such software, and in my option, I chose three: SQL Delta, Redgate SQL compare, D-Softs Database Compare.

Normally, the function I need builds three comparative projects, sets the data objects which are needed to be compared, and when I need to do the comparison, after clicking to compare, I can browse the log and find out the difference, then click Sync, that's OK, it's easy.

Let's look at these software:

SQL Delta

D-Softs Database Compare

RedGate SQL Compare

These are the interfaces in building projects, the modes of operation are similar, links to information of source and target need to be provided.

It is worth mentioning that you can type the URL like xxx.gicp.net,1433 directly, as this, you only need install a peanut hull for your fieldserver and open port of SQL Server? You can compare data directly through the Internet, as long as the network is not slow, the seep is very quick.

Let's look at that: how to select database objects and view the results of comparison.

Three software are all supporting tables, stored procedures, triggers, and so on, if you are sure there has been no change in stored procedures, you can ignore it, so that can up the speed.

D-Softs setting is more like SQL Server 2005.

The results of comparison are all display highlighting.

SQL Delta

D-Softs

RedGate

Start to Sync : It's similar, they will compute the dependence relationship of database object, that means, the latter one is changed first. Otherwise if creating table which uses custom data types first, then builds the custom data types, it will not succeed.

SQL Delta

D-Softs

RedGate

There are many other features such as data comparison and synchronization, and more detailed introduction. This time, I will not introduce all one by one.

And last, I will tell you that these software are not free. The prices are as follows:

RedGate is $395

SQL Delta is $330

D-Softs is $199

Although the prices are not cheap, the powerful features can offer convenience in our work.
3 great destinations for travel in October 3 excuses you might hear from a London Courier Company 3 easy steps to the BackCountry Hero 3-day Lego Beach Party Swims In For Memorial Day Weekend At Legoland Discovery Center In Schaumburg 3-day Animation Festival 3 best holidays to Vietnam and Hanoi millennial festival combination 3 Ways to Get Your Blog Ready for Christmas! 3 Ways in Which a Franchise Can Help You Succeed 3 Ways To Play Sit N Go Tournaments, And Win 3 Ways To Make Your Students' Learning A Happy Trip 3 Ways To Identify A Rio Personal Tour Guide For A Great Rio City Tour 3 Ways To Get Your Blog Ready For Christmas! 3 Ways To Get In The Holiday Spirit
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.146.37.35) / Processed in 0.012925 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 70 , 3410, 954,