Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Where To Go For Winter Holidays
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Where To Go For Winter Holidays

When I was young my parents would often take me to Munich for Christmas because my

fathers parents lived there and so we would normally go every other year. We would stay in the Hilton Munich because it was just round the corner from my grandparents house, and my father would take my brother and I to the Boxing Day fixture at the Allianz Arena between Bayern Munich and whoever they were playing. I still clearly remember the atmosphere in the stadium, which is always exceptionally intense due to the fact that the stadiums cylindrical design traps and magnifies the crowds noise. We would also go for a stroll through the English Gardens on Christmas morning when it would often be snowing and the ponds frozen. The ice was never thick enough for ice-skating but we would break holes in it and go fishing.

These days I prefer to head for somewhere in the world where it is hot and there is a beach as I have early onset arthritis and the sunshine is very good for my aching bones. I normally head to Goa in India as there is an incredible French restaurant there La Plage where the food would be Michelin starred if it was in Europe and there could have their own farm. They have a series of shacks behind the restaurant that you can rent, meaning you sleep literally within yards of the beach and so be softly lulled to sleep by the rustle of the Arabian Seas tides, and wake up in the morning to scrambled eggs, baguette, freshly squeezed orange juice and real espresso coffee that you can enjoy on the veranda. The beef carpaccio served with rocket and bread is one delicious starter that they offer, and I would also recommend the Thai style seafood soup with mussels and squid. For main I would suggest that you try the skewered fish or the tomato crumble, while the beef steak is also excellent and the king prawns should certainly be tasted at some point. The tuna is also delicious as it is cooked in sesame seeds and served with wasabi mash and a soya dressing.

But if you are looking for somewhere to go for a shorter time or on a tighter budget, then I would certainly recommend a trip to Munich. You can also get great deals on one of the four and five star hotels in the city centre such as the Hilton Munich City by booking your room through lastminute.coms Secret Hotel deal, so make sure that you have a look online and save yourself money and hassle.

by: Peter Mosby
Charging Solution For Traveler With Solar Battery Charger Indian Travel Consultants Offers Best Vacation Deals Explore Attractive Beaches In Taba Holidays Easy Tips To Know For Backpacking & Traveling Europe Chalet Holidays Are Beautiful In The Summer As Well As Winter Travel To The Ocean For Adventure Nato In The Windy City: Plan Travel Accordingly Serviced Apartments- A Popular Choice Among Travelers All About India Travel Information Experience The Sterling Beach Vacationing Holidays Of Goa In India Travel To India: Enjoy The India Tour Package Explore The Best Of Kerala With Kerala Travel Agents Summer Holidays On Top Of Table Mountain, Capetown
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.134.81.206) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.012546 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 2570, 954,
Where To Go For Winter Holidays Ann Arbor