What To Look For In A Yacht Delivery Captain by:Stuart Carter
For most boat-owners, their boat is a favourite possession
, often one with great sentimental value and of course monetary value. So choosing a yacht delivery captain can be a difficult decision.
Ultimately, the decision of who you employ to deliver your yacht is your decision, but the following tips may assist you in choosing the yacht delivery captain best for you.
The role of a yacht delivery captain - http://www.oceanicdeliveries.com/oceanic-deliveries-yacht-delivery-captain.html
Obviously it is important to understand the role of a yacht delivery captain when you are recruiting a yacht delivery captain. The yacht delivery captain has ultimate command of the vessel enroute to your destination port. Everything about the yacht is the yacht delivery captain's responsibility including:
- Prior to departure, the yacht delivery captain conducts a pre-delivery inspection and undertakes full preparation for the journey.
- The yacht delivery captain maps out the route.
- The yacht delivery captain monitors weather conditions, channels and many other factors of the trip.
- The yacht delivery captain manages all staff on board, either directly (in a small crew) or through his management team on larger vessels.
- The yacht delivery captain maintains the vessel's certificates and completes all documentation to comply with customs and immigration laws.
- The yacht delivery captain is responsible for cleanliness and seaworthiness of the vessel. He maintains the vessel enroute.
- The yacht delivery captain is responsible for personal safety of everyone onboard.
- The yacht delivery captain is responsible for the on-board finances during the delivery period.
- At the end of the journey, the yacht delivery captain provides a comprehensive report.
Questions to ask prospective yacht delivery captains
Is your yacht delivery captain appropriately licensed for your vessel and for the route? Ask to see your captain's license before entrusting them with your yacht. Captain Stuart Carter of Oceanic Motor Yacht Deliveries holds a master's license to operate worldwide.
What experience does your yacht delivery captain have? What vessels have they commanded and what oceans etc have they crossed?
What testimonials and references are available from past clients? A good yacht delivery captain will be happy to provide phone references.
What is the availability of your yacht delivery captain? If they are not available, will they recommend a captain?
Desirable personal attributes of a yacht delivery captains
A yacht delivery captain should be:
Captain Stuart Carter of Oceanic Motor Yacht Deliveries is happy to discuss your needs when it comes to delivery or relief captaincy of your motor yacht.
About the author
Oceanic Motor Yacht Deliveries offers the well-organised, professional service of a super-yacht captain, Captain Stuart Carter. The delivery captain service can deliver a private or commercial vessel anywhere in the world. Oceanic's Relief Captain Service for a few weeks or few months "between" Captains or when the regular Captain needs extended leave. With over 18 years experience and over 130,000 sea miles in the maritime industries, Captain Stuart Carter is fully qualified and has skippered a variety of motor vessels from the finest luxury motor yachts to commercial dive boats. Visit http://www.oceanicdeliveries.com
or direct to http://www.oceanicdeliveries.com/oceanic-deliveries-yacht-delivery-service.html
Thrill of a Lifetime at Disney World - IndyRacing Experience by:Allison Jones Preschoolers Guide to Disney World by:Allison Jones Timesaver Tip at Epcot for a Disney World Vacation by:Allison Jones Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios by:Allison Jones What to Pack for a Rainy Day at Disney World by:Allison Jones Finding Holiday Accommodation in ACT by:Beck Dillon Cruise the Caribbean for Fun and Relaxation by:Chris Foy Byron Bay VacationsOn a Budget by:Dominic Alberth A Trip Worth Your While by:Dylan Lautner Making the Most of Your Air Miles Credit Card Points by:Jeremy Biberdorf Do I need an International Mover? by:John Jo Experience The Mediterranean - Travel In A Luxury Yacht Charter Croatia! by:Johnnie Kazjja Five of the World's Best Holiday Destinations for 2009 by:Kim Chambers