Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Travel in Australia by:Bruce Haxton
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Travel in Australia by:Bruce Haxton

Adventure activities

Scuba diving

Australia has some fantastic opportunities for scuba diving. The Great Barrier reef is famed the whole world over, so it's hardly surprising that it's one of the top diving hotspots. One that you might not be familiar with, however, is the Nigaloo Reef.

Cadge diving Travel in Australia by:Bruce Haxton

It's the crowning jewel of the Nigaloo Reef Marine Park and gives divers the unique opportunity to dive with whale sharks. These stunning creatures can grow to a massive 18 metres in length but luckily, they're no threat to humans. Still, it takes a brave traveller to swim alongside them.

Swimming with sea lions

If you'd rather take a dip with something a little cuter, head for Baird Bay on the west coast of South Australia. Here you'll have the chance to swim with sea lions - an altogether more playful set.

Rock climbing

Now how about a bit of rock climbing on Australia's best-known landmark? That's right, you can take a trip to the top of Ayers Rock - the hard way. So if you want to give climbing a go, there couldn't be a better place to start.

Surfing

Surfing is an essential activity in Australia. The coast is stunning wherever you are but there are some beaches that are just perfect for surfing. Bells Beach, Bondi Beach, Byron Bay and the Gold Coast are just a few examples - but you won't know how good they are until you've tried them.

Dizzying heights

And finally, don't forget to take a trip to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It offers some fantastic views over the city and will give you some great memories.

Volunteering

Like a good bottle of wine, Australia is great fun and half empty in the best of senses! Australia presents many ideal opportunities for adventure and exploration. The huge interior hinterland is home only to kangaroos, wallabies and dust, so there's plenty to explore. The European settlers don't seem to have reached the red centre so it remains a fascinating living fossil of Aboriginal culture for anyone armed with factor 'one million' sunscreen and a good hat to enjoy. Distances are on the massive side so a Zen-like appreciation for the journey as well as the destination is advised, as well as a desire to meet some of the world's most intriguing animals.

Volunteering here is a great way to get around the whole country and see the best of this giant from the cool sophisticated coast to the tropical north. The colours sum up the beauty of the country; from the red centre to the gold coast, greens thrive where they can before being frazzled out of existence and retreating to the tropical safety of the north. The beautiful scenery is breathtaking and the locals want to keep it that way, there are therefore, lots of volunteer projects focusing on nature and wildlife conservation. Travel in Australia by:Bruce Haxton

Nature conservation working holiday

Meaningful travel company i-to-i have recently launched a new trip that will give travellers the chance to spend a hassle free gap year in Australia. Not only will the company sort out al the paper work they'll give you a years access to their job placement service and a week working at a conservation project at any one of 20 destinations across the country, take a look here http://www.i-to-i.com/volunteer-projects/australia-working-holiday-and-conservation-experience.html

About the author

I'm totally passionate about travel, it's been my life and work for a good few years! My travel adventures haven't really been about seeing monuments etc but far more about people and getting off the beaten track. I would like to share my many experiences and offer a little advice if I can to fellow travellers or anyone who is just about to set off on a life changing trip!
Cultural considerations in Australia by:Bruce Haxton Underwater World, Pattaya by:Paromita Banerjee The Million Years Stone Park & Pattaya Crocodile Farm by:Paromita Banerjee Sanctuary of Truth, Pattaya by:Paromita Banerjee Pattaya Water Park by:Paromita Banerjee Magnificent Temples of Bangkok by:Paromita Banerjee Car Rental in Rajasthan - Solution to Travel Better by:Rajesh Kumar Rajasthan Tours & Travels - Cheerful Experience by:Rajesh Kumar Romantic Italy: The Romance of Italy. by:Robert Giunta Top Tourist Attractions in London with Free Personalized Travel by:Stephen Ryan Uniting Factor Between Pittsburgh PA's Bars And Restaurants And The Rest Of The World by:William Hauselburg Where to Eat When Visiting Gold Cost by:Cordelia Kennedy Travel the Garden Route South Africa by:Alan Hawkins
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.221.159.188) / Processed in 0.013635 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 4081, 954,