Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Sports Massage: Alleviate Hurts Sooner
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Sports Massage: Alleviate Hurts Sooner

I'm not a professional athlete, nor do I have any sport-related injuries

. Do I need a sports massage? You might be surprised, I've tried it, maybe you should too. Do you have a specific injury? A massage may be for you. The area of pain will be the focus, rather than the body in general. For men, it may be easier for them to go for a sports massage, as they may feel it a more masculine term than merely a massage. It can treat a frozen shoulder, pulled hamstring, tender knee.

Having a sports massage allows the athlete to prepare for the next game. These days it is normal to have one as an athlete. The art of massage is the manipulation of superficial layers of muscle and connective tissue. This is to enhance function and promote relaxation and well-being. It became popular in the US in the 1800s and grew in popularity until the 1930s and 40s. When modern medicine came to the forefront, the art of massage therapy became discounted as lesser than. Suddenly, it became popular again in the 1960s when nurses began to use it to relieve pain in patients. Unusually, in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta it was deemed a core medical service. This gave a new range of remedies to these athletes. This gave more credence to it.

Think this is something new? No, in fact it dates way back in many cultures. It has been documented by the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians. They all used massage therapists for a wide variety of illnesses, aches and pains. Hippocrates even wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. In a wide variety of sports, a massage will be performed on an athlete either pre-game or post-game. This helps the athlete to perform better during training, as well as training longer and have fewer injuries. Injuries sustained during the event can be repaired with a sports massage.

With any massage, special equipment is used when receiving a sports massage. These therapists are self-employed and will have his/her own equipment usually consisting of a table with a horseshoe shaped head support for ease of breathing while lying face-down. It has a padded surface which is easy to keep clean and remain hygienic. Mats and orthopedic pillows are also used for additional support. With the increased interest in sports massage therapy, this area of specialty is growing.Sports Massage: Alleviate Hurts Sooner

Next time you feel the ache or pain of either everyday life or any sports injury, consider massage. You don't have to be an athlete to go for a sports massage, and if you are, consider one before training next time. See what it can do for you. I just live everyday life, but a sports massage works well for me. Just head on down to the local spa and see what they offer.

By: Darrrel White
Alleviate Soreness Faster Cheap Health Insurance For Individuals - Hwo To Find a Cheaper Health Plan Alleviate Soreness More Effectively Alleviate Soreness More Effectively Health Coverage : Important Factors to be Consider Pregnancy Massage: Alleviate Pain Due to Pregnancy Faster Alleviate Pain Sooner with a Massage Finding A Low Income Health Insurance Massage Therapists: Alleviate Aches More Effectively With The Help Of A Professional How to Keep Your Skin Fabulous While Travelling Importance of having the Medigap health insurance About Acne - What Can You Do to Cure or Alleviate Acne? How Removal Services Alleviate The Stress Associated With Relocation? A look at individual health insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.227.0.245) District Of Columbia / Washington Processed in 0.011676 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2866, 960,
Sports Massage: Alleviate Hurts Sooner Washington