Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Professional Indemnity Insurance: What Should I Be Looking Out For?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Professional Indemnity Insurance: What Should I Be Looking Out For?

Professional Indemnity Insurance: What Should I Be Looking Out For?

Professional Indemnity Insurance: What Should I Be Looking Out For

?

There's no point in having professional indemnity insurance if you're not entirely confident that your policy will cover you in the event of a legitimate claim. After all, peace of mind is one of the main things you want in return for your money.

So what you should be looking out for when you're considering a professional indemnity policy?

The first question you need to ask yourself is whether the policy is specific to your profession. It's vital that the insurers have a clear understanding of what you do because that can significantly affect the risk they're underwriting. So, if you don't see your specific profession clearly identified when you first approach a broker for a quote, make some enquiries. Don't be tempted to fudge the issue - "well, I sort of do that" - because you could end up discovering that you're not really covered at all.

Then there's the question of exclusions. All insurance policies have them but when it comes to professional indemnity cover, they can be highly significant, particularly in relation to where you work. Just won a big contract to supply services to a US company? Great news. But be careful. Most professional indemnity insurance policies written in the UK do not include work done in the US as standard. So if you do carry out work overseas, or work for overseas companies, make sure the policy really does provide you with the professional indemnity cover you need.

Again, like other insurances, professional indemnity policies have an excess clause,

an amount that you will be personally liable for in the event of a claim. Think about that. Whilst a high excess amount might save you money on your premiums, are you sure you can raise the excess amount if you do have to claim?

But that's not to say that you can't still find a cheap professional indemnity quote that meets all of your requirements. You can. And you might very well find just what you're looking for.
Golf - Hyundai Tournament Champions 2011 Live Stream Online Hd Tv Coverage At Kapalua Resort, Maui, The Mandatory Requirement of Pilates Instructor Insurance Choosing The Best Brentwood Insurance Provider Irvine Insurance Are Local Providers Better? Finding Your Denver Insurance Fleet Insurance Fraud-Don't Be Tempted What Is E & O Insurance? How to Create Videos to Increase Insurance Sales Choose The Right Insurance For Your Needs Getting What You Pay For From Your Insurance Company Get Fast Cheap Motorcycle Apparel Insurance Quotes In Minutes How to Get a Good Motorcycle Suzuki Oem Insurance Quote Things to consider when obtaining Trauma Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.121.55) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.011893 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2130, 975,
Professional Indemnity Insurance: What Should I Be Looking Out For? Pforzheim