Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » He gets angry and he kicks 'em out!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

He gets angry and he kicks 'em out!

Author: Roger Williams

I knocked on the door of afamily home ina middle-classsuburb in Melbourne. An elderly lady answered,I introducedmyself and explained to herthatI was from the local churchand thatthe reason formy call was to offer prayer for any needs she or the family might have. The lady, Mrs Wells, was very surprised atmy visit and sheimmediately toldoftheirforty-one year-old son who was dying of cancer and was suffering increasing blindness. She went on to say thatthey had lost another son with cancer a couple of yearsearlier and that this timeshe'doften thoughtof taking her sonto a faith healer, adding, "We're so desperate, we'll try anything." She then said, "I'd like to invite you in, but my husband is anex-Catholic and anti-religious. He gets angry and kicks 'em out!" I asked her to let me in anyway, because we neededto talk further. I thenexplained to her that all true healing is done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ - not in the name of any "faith healer." SoI wasinvited in and sat down and she mademe a cup of coffee. In the next room the TV was on, broadcasting horse racesand I could hear her husband coughing loudly. Moments laterthe door opened and theeighty-six year old husband came out. At that point Mrs Wells showed some apprehension. Mr Wells was a tall man and even though he was old,it looked to me that he still had the strength to "kick 'em out." He said, "G'day," in a gruff voice and I smiled, responded and got upand shook his hand. He then said, "What brings you here today?" I said, "Mr Wells,I am amessenger of Jesus Christ, and He sentme here today."He began to laugh in a good-natured manner, but said, "Well, I'm too old ateighty-sixto be worrying about religious matters." I responded, "Mr Wells, in God's eyes you're still only a baby and secondly, I'm not here to talk about "religious" matters, Jesus Christ hates thosemore than you do and I hate them as much as you do." I noticed that response immediatelyrelaxed him. I continued, saying that I was onlyinterested in sharingthe reality of Jesus Christ withthem both, and that I believedhe was experiencing a little bit of that right now in the form of Hispeace.He did not confirm or deny that. But hecontinued toask more questionsandtold me to call him Larry. I learned very quicklyhere, just how much God honours the uniquenessof each personandI thought how different this is, compared with religious man and his religious concepts, traditions, laws, rules etc., with which he works so hard at preserving and enslaving on others. "Where is this Jesus?"Larry asked. Knowing that he had a Roman Catholic background there was no need for explanation about the Virgin birth, but I wanted to add to his limited knowledge astowhy He cameto earth, so Isimply saidthat the Bible tells usJesusChrist resides in adimension called heaven, but, that He sent us His Holy Spiritto dwellon the earth and, "He's here in this room now." With this uniqueness in mind, I was nowbeing used ofthe Lordto bring further explanations to his questions - explanationstothereality of Christ.I did so by using the everyday things in their home which would make sense for them- a couple of pictures on the wall,crockery and cupson the table, the race horses on the TV and some builders tools (he was a retired builder). All of what I was given to say wasfor the benefit of those two peoplealone.Words were notgiven formy understanding, or for the church or other Christians to judge and assess. No words weregiven to put guilt trips on them or to get them to come to church. It wasJesus Christ revealing Himselfto these dear people where they were at, telling them that they could know God through Him and as a result,they were greatly moved. By the expressions on both faces, I knew that they'd never had the gospel presented to them in such an everyday, non-religious manner. Larrywas a big drinker in former days. I told him I was once the same. He didn't believe me.So I told him a littleof my own background and both he and Mrs Wellswere astonished. Because I represent the Lord Jesus Christ,they had this concept that Imust besome holy, pure paragon. Again I thought, how sad it is that so many church people work so very hard at being something they are not, never have been and never will be - yet others thinkthey are! What a deception! This isone solid reason why unbelieving people don't see the reality and power of Jesus Christ in their world around them. They don't see it because too many of His people are not real. They hide behind masks, theycoverthemselveswith religious garb, practiceandspeech and the very people that God is trying to reach think that's what God Himself is like and they want nothing to do with Him. That's how I thought of God for many yearsuntilI experienced my own reality and power of Jesus Christ. BothLarry andMrs Wellswent on to saythat many in the family had sickness, including liver problemsthrough booze, cancers, asthma, agrophobia, spinal problems. Even the grand children had sicknesses - "bad ones."They thought all this must have come upon them as some kind of punishment and,as a result,fear,confusion, hopelesseness and helplessnessseemed to rule and reign in that home. I alsoasked them to give consideration that if it's true there is a God and this Godhas revealed Himself to us in Jesus Christ, then it's alsotrue that there is a devil and Jesus has told usso.Further saying, that if that's not true then Jesus Christ is a liar. I gave them assurance that the Bible tells us that God is a God of love and that these sicknesses were not punishments from Him. I explained that thiswas theworks of the devil whom Jesus Christ soundly defeated when He arose from His death. I mentioned that if it were God punishing them, He would not have sentmetothem both today. I told them God wantedthemto know that ifthey trusted His Son Jesus Christ,and askedforgiveness fortheir sin, they would receive it, and that Godwould removetheir fears and confusions andthey would experience an increasing andcontinuouspresence of His peace withinthem from hereon in. Afterhaving spent a couple of hours with this coupleit wastime to go, so I asked them if they would likeme to pray for them and the family. They said yes. With that, I putone hand on Larry's headand the otherupon his wifeand I prayed for theLord to reveal His reality and power in ways thatwould leave them in no doubts that God loved them, that He wanted them to know Him and that He was for them - not against them. Again, in that prayer I was given words that were specifically for them and their famiy alone and they knew it. Godministered to them where they were at, not whereI or anyone elsethought they should be. As I finished praying I observed small tears coming from Larry's eyes and arelaxing of tension in Mrs Wells.Both were smiling. Thiswas not the end ofmy relationship with this old couple, but I will pick that up in another post. "It is no secret what God can do, what He's done for others, He'lldo for you." (S. Hamblin) "Come to Me all you who labor and are heavey laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28. About the Author:

Roger Williams is a married man with three adult children. In mid-June 1985 he had two dramatic physical healing encounters with the Lord Jesus Christ which trasnformed is life. He is not an officially ordained minister and has no formal Bible qualifications. He is a crash-avoidance driver consultant, a messenger of the Christian gospel, a radio broadcaster and a blogger. Testimonies to the reality and power of the Lord Jesus Christ can be viewed on his website: http://www.realityrevelations.com

Copyright 2010, Roger Williams. All rights reserved
Modern Auto Repair Shops Offer Much More Than Vehicle Body Repairs Understanding "title Seasoning" And How It Affects Fha Financing How to look at "Corporate Governance" - Indian Corporate Law A Closer Look At Automotive Engine Parts Tips and Tricks for downloading Photo's from your Apple iPhone How to check out someones MySpace Profile even if it's set to Private Extra Large Please - Uk's Spending On Takeaway Has Rocketed! Beginner's Guide To Turkey Rearing Maybank Singapore's iSAVvy Time Deposit Montana Poker - The Flop in Limit Texas Hold 'em Montana Poker - Limit Texas Hold 'em Maybank Singapore's iSavvy Savings Account Lawyer Q&A
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.251.155) / Processed in 0.015400 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 7926, 952,