Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Hand Massage: Alleviate Soreness More Effectively
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hand Massage: Alleviate Soreness More Effectively

We use and abuse them every day! Our hands, we clean and scrub

, we pick things up, open close doors and typing on our computers! We open cans and jars, put shoes on, buckle children's car seats, turn knobs, dials, the list goes on. While most of us rub lotion on our hands this only takes care of the skin. Sure this helps after we wash dishes and counters, but it doesn't take care of muscles or joints. Guess what does? A good hand massage does. Even when we rub lotion on our hands, we enjoy the feeling of the rubbing motion. Let me tell you first about the art of massage, then about hand massage. I know youll be interested to learn more, I certainly was.

Have you ever had a massage? Do you think this is something new? No, it is not a new medical breakthrough, this art has been practiced throughout the world. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use; the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and even Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Massage is the manipulation of superficial layers of muscle and connective tissue. A hand massage will enhance function and promote relaxation and well-being and can help with a host of issues ranging from headache to stomach problems.

In the early 1800s, massage therapy became very popular and this increased until the 1930s and 40s. As modern medicine developed, the benefits of massage therapy were discounted. It was used less and less. In the 1960s and 1970s nurses began to use it to alleviate pain in patients. Again, its popularity grew until finally in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta massage was deemed a core medical service, which gave it great credibility. It's good enough for the Olympics, how about you?

The word massage comes from the Latin word frictio", as well as from the French word meaning friction or kneading", and the Arabic word massa" meaning to touch, feel or handle. I am always interested in finding out the origin of words, and to me this was fascinating, as each culture derived its own word and meaning. A hand massage done well is luxurious and can be done at your local spa. While these spas offer a wide variety, this may be the one for you. It'll cure all those aches and pains, joints, tendons etc, while feeling great and relaxing.Hand Massage: Alleviate Soreness More Effectively

When having a hand massage, we must realize that there are a variety of specific pressure points that relate directly to different parts of the body. Every part of the hand has pressure points, including the back, fingers and the palm. Each pressure point is numbered. A weak bladder can be relieved by rubbing on point #31.The middle finger tip, when rubbed on the side will relieve fatigue. When looking for constipation relief, look no further than pressure point #22 and twist. Dizzy? Try having point#33 rubbed. Your local spa technician will be able to perform a hand massage for you, and also give you a map of the hand with the ailments and pressure points numbered. Go ahead, try it out. Find your ailment, then look no further than your local spa.

By: Darrrel White
Medimanage – Is this the end of cashless health insurance? where to watch Washington Redskins vs Arizona Cardinals Live NFL Stream Individual Health Insurance Take The Correct Decision When A Doctor Says "i'm Sorry" Hand Massage: Alleviate Muscle Spasms Faster Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Hurts More Effectively Health Insurance In Texas Needed More After Oil Spill Alleviate Aches More Effectively Texas Health Insurance Helps with the Hidden Costs of Early Menopause Affordable Health Insurance Its Not Impossible To Find Health Insurance For Pre Existing Conditions Head Massage: Alleviate Muscle Spasms Sooner Steps To Find A Reliable Health Insurance Carrier
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(35.175.174.36) / Processed in 0.012487 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3274, 960,