Joseph M. MausThe following is an expert answer given by Florida work - Auto Insurance" /> Joseph M. MausThe following is an expert answer given by Florida work " /> Joseph M. MausThe following is an expert answer given by Florida work " />
Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Florida Work Injury - Reporting an Injury to Your Employer
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Florida Work Injury - Reporting an Injury to Your Employer

Author: . Maus" href="http://www.articlesbase.com/authors/joseph-m.-maus/184199.htm">Joseph M. Maus

The following is an expert answer given by Florida work injury lawyer, Joseph M. Maus, and taken from AllExperts.com, a free Q & A service on the internet: Question:

From the time of knowledge, how long do I have to report a injury to my employer (Florida).

Answer:Florida Work Injury - Reporting an Injury to Your Employer

I am not sure what you mean by the "time of knowledge", but Fla. Statute section 440.185 details when a Florida work injury must be reported to the employer. It says:

440.185 Notice of injury or death; reports; penalties for violations.-- (1) An employee who suffers an injury arising out of and in the course of employment shall advise his or her employer of the injury within 30 days after the date of or initial manifestation of the injury. Failure to so advise the employer shall bar a petition under this chapter unless:

(a) The employer or the employer's agent had actual knowledge of the injury, i.e. accident in employers truck, observing bleeding by employee, etc.;

b) The cause of the injury could not be identified without a medical opinion and the employee advised the employer within 30 days after obtaining a medical opinion indicating that the injury arose out of and in the course of employment;

(c) The employer did not put its employees on notice of the requirements of this section by posting notice pursuant to s. 440.055; or

(d) Exceptional circumstances, outside the scope of paragraph (a) or paragraph (b) justify such failure. Exceptional circumstances require that some uncommon or extraordinary event prevented the claimant from timely filing an accident report.

Once you report the injury/accident to your employer, the employer is required to fill out a First Report of Injury within 7 days, placing its WC insurance company on notice of the claim.

This is the general rule, and not all dates of accident are obvious. There are different Florida Statutes that apply to different situations, such as F.S. 440.02(1) for exposure to a toxic substance; F.S. 440.151(2) for occupational disease; F.S. 111.18 The Heart/Lung Bill for Firefighter.

If you have a question about a particular set of facts, you should consult with an experienced Florida work injury lawyer to evaluate all the facts related to your claim.

For more information about a Florida work injury, contact Florida work accident compensation lawyer Joseph M. Maus at 1-866-556-5529 or email him today.About the Author:

South Florida Attorney Joseph M. Maus and Associates has been helping victims of injuries and accidents for close to 16 years. The firm prides itself on having the resources and experience of the largest state-wide law firms, yet providing individualized attention to each and every client.
England's cricketers will not be happy with series draw Review of Secrets of Millionaire Investor Book by Adam Khoo & Conrad Alvin Lim God's Sovereign Choice: Unconditional Election Chicago's Enigmatic Theatre Scene In An Online Market It's Not About Ameritrade It's All About Cash Gifting! Psychics, Mediums & Clairvoyants Clairvoyancy & Telepathy The Flu Shot: Should I Or Shouldn't I? He's Moved Out For Good and Needs Time to Think Learn English Fast & Free ? - Big Surprise ! Don't Trust Tecnical Indicators Blindly! Van Shelving: It's Not Just For Hippies Greece's Top 5 Tourist Destinations
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.250.169) / Processed in 0.013202 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3109, 952,