Facilities - accommodation hamilton island by:Joan Paynter
Hamilton Island is a complete tourist destination
, i.e. all the facilities and amenities have been developed and are maintained keeping the tourists in mind. The local population is a small one and the majority of them are involved in some kind of trade related to the tourism business. Due to this pre eminence of tourism, the facilities available on the island are many and varied.
As the island is a small one, there are normally just one or two stores of a particular type of business (excepting restaurants of course). There is just one grocery store, one photo studio, one hair and beauty salon etc. Although the number of options provided to you are less, the quality of product and services provided by these businesses are truly world class.
The various facilities available on the island include:
- Babysitting - For people with small kids, babysitting services are provided by the island's Clownfish Club. If you are looking for an evening for just the two of you, call up the club (just remember to do so by 5:00 PM the previous day)
- Church Services - Visit the All Saints Chapel for regular Church services. Details about exact times can be had from the Resort Activities and Tours Desk.
- Hamilton Island Photography - The range of services provided by this photo studio is extensive. You can have your photos clicked by pros or get any and all photo equipment and accessories for yourself.
- NEC internet kiosk - We don't think you will need to connect to the outside world while you are on the island. But if you want to do so, just visit the NEC kiosk and get connected.
- Rent-A-Buggy - To get around the island, you should rent a buggy. It is a fun way to travel and you can roam around to your heart's content.
- General Store - This is the only general store on the island, but the range of products stocked by them is extensive. We don't think you'll need to get off the island for any supplies.
- Island Transport - The island has three complimentary shuttle buses which circumnavigate the island all day long. You can get the timing and other details from the tour desks.
Other services such as post, public telephones, ATM's and security etc are also available in the island.
About the author
Travelling has been the biggest passion in Joan Paynter's life. Born and brought up in Sydney, Joan has spent much of adult life travelling all over Australia and the world. Her second biggest passion is writing and she combines the two by writing about the places she visits.
Beach Holidays in Kerala, God's Own Country by:Joseph Moore Kerala - A Favored Honeymoon Destination of India by:Joseph Moore Vatican City Guide by:Paolo Pedica Visiting Rome with Children by:Paolo Pedica Visiting Churches in Rome by:Paolo Pedica Touring the Vatican Museum with a Personal Guide by:Paolo Pedica The Birth of Rome by:Paolo Pedica Rome Tours When Arriving in Civitavecchia by:Paolo Pedica Catacombs in Rome by:Paolo Pedica Seeing Rome in Two Days by:Paolo Pedica Grab Rajasthan Tourism - Experience for Lifetime by:Rajesh Kumar Rajasthan tours and Travel Guides by:Rajesh Kumar Things To Do In And Around Melbourne #7 :: Phillip Island by:Dominique Vangheel