Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Cycling – Tour de France lacks fair play
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Cycling – Tour de France lacks fair play

The mechanical problem suffered by Andy Schelck involved more than a loose chain

, since the Tour's fair play tradition was lost for a few seconds as well by Contador, who took advantage of the until then leader of the competition, and wears now the yellow jersey with an eight second advantage over the Luxemburgish.

Lance Armstrong did let the issue pass without bringing up two old incidents where he was involved: "in 2003 I felt down and the rest waited for me, and in 2001 I waited for Ullrich when he felt down". The seven times champion of the Tour thinks that Contador's actions where not correct, that he should have waited.

Contador has expressed how uncomfortable he is with the situation since he has: "a good relationship with Andy and want it to continue like that". As a fact he apologized with Schelck during the next stage after the incident, and hugged him after the end of the race.

The Luxemburgish avoided making this issue bigger than what it already is for the media and fans, and said that it is hard to tell if it was fair play or not. He feels strong and thinks that he will have his revenge, since the Tour is not over yet. Still he is disappointed with the way how he lost, but feels motivated for what's next. He thinks that the Spaniard should be nervous since there is a difference now: "I am not the one who will get chased anymore; I'm the one who chases".

Contador wasn't the only one

All of this issue falls on Contador because he is the only one with serious chances to win the Tour, but he wasn't the only that didn't practice a fair game, Samuel Sanchez and Dennis Menchov were involved in this incident too.

Cycling Tour de France lacks fair play

By: andres@linkspacesa.com
Caroline Mahon included in Ireland Rugby World Cup squad Booking a Condo in Wailea Beach Beachfront Romance with a Wailea Condos Great Value Destinations for Golf in Europe A Brief History of Travel Writing Why Is Sydney The Best Tourist Attraction? Tourist Information on Dumaguete, Philippines Taking a Trip to Florida State Parks Invest in Window Replacement before Autumn Arrives Trip to Venice Holiday in Prague City Break Holidays Must See Cities in Australia
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.222.169.53) / Processed in 0.012513 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 1823, 954,