Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Can I Have My Teeth Whitened With Veneers or Crowns?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I Have My Teeth Whitened With Veneers or Crowns?

Author: Jason Scott Edworthy

One of the questions we get asked a lot is can you whiten my teeth if I have a veneer, crown or bridge? The answer is yes.

In most cases people will have cosmetic teeth fitted to the top row of teeth and in many cases will be replacing just one or two teeth so therefore there is a strong possibility that the natural teeth surrounding the cosmetic teeth have become stained over a period of time making the cosmetic teeth look whiter. These customers are perfect for teeth whitening as this is a generally a strong indicator that the natural teeth were the same shade as the cosmetic teeth when fitted and that after the laser teeth whitening treatment the teeth will then revert back to that shade matching all the teeth the same colour.

Most good Dentists would have matched the teeth at the time to ensure the natural and cosmetic teeth look a similar shade and over time the natural teeth will darken and become stained where the cosmetic teeth are not porous and therefore do not change colour.

If you have had cosmetic teeth fitted more recently let us say in the last three to four year and your ambition is to have your teeth whitened then this is still possible but there might be several situations that might occur. The first one is that the natural teeth might whiten more than the cosmetic teeth and for the first few weeks look unbalanced particularly if you have only one or two cosmetic teeth fitted. Once a few weeks have passed the whitened teeth will bounce one or two shades and makes the teeth look more balanced but this will depend on how white teeth have changed during the treatment. Some people who have the complete top teeth replaced with veneers or crowns need not worry as the likelihood is you want the bottom teeth whitening to match.

The second option is to look at replacing the cosmetic teeth to match the newly whitened natural teeth. Even though this requires a visit to the dentist and some additional costs this will give you the whitest possibly looking teeth that all match and look consistent with each other in the mouth.

For some people the prospect of teeth whitening can be complicated but always get as much advise as possible and the net is a great place to start before you go too far in your quest for a matching new smile of your dreams!

Unfortunately there is no magic wand so it always best to check with your teeth whitening consultant or dentist before embarking on a whitening journey to ensure the outcome matches your expectations as there are a lot of companies who oversell the fact that everyone will end up with the perfect Hollywood smile and this simply does not happen. Yes everyone's teeth can be whitened but we all do not have amazing white teeth so be realistic with your expectations. Either way good luck in your goal of getting a new smile!About the Author:

There is plenty more to read at teeth whitening like Zoom Oxford or our new prices page Zoom whitening option but less money!
Choosing Cosmetic Dentistry In Houston Chronic Halitosis And The Cure For Chronic Halitosis Three Great Teeth Whitening Systems to Whiten Your Smile The Marketability Of A Perfect Smile Pain Free Twinkle For A Whole New Sparkle The Sparkle Of Twinkle The Common Misconceptions On Tooth Diamonds Get the Help of Best Children’s Dentists for Creating Beautiful, Healthy Little Smiles Bad Breath Cures Did you know your teeth are bones? Pdgfazio Brings Affordable Pricing To Projects Including Dental Office Design Dental Education Programs Dentist Jackson
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.120.204) New York / New York City Processed in 0.013080 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3217, 964,
Can I Have My Teeth Whitened With Veneers or Crowns? New York City