Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Why I have quit PayPal after nearly five years
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Why I have quit PayPal after nearly five years

I first joined PayPal several years ago after stealing my husbands PayPal account as I thought it was so much easier than opening one myself

. I then used it as my payment processor through my early eBay selling days right through to my career as a full time internet marketer. Just like everyone else the customer service stinks and always has but at the end of the day the reason why people really use Paypal is the ease of use. The fact that we are not messing around having to set up merchant accounts is one of the big plus points to having a PayPal account. With eBay for example if you are a seller on there you can only sell a very limited amount of goods without a Paypal account. Not to mention that most buyers will not touch you if you dont accept PayPal as a form of payment as they simply dont trust you and consider a PayPal button as there insurance policy. In the early days I was one of the first to be left out of pocket as a result of PayPal. Just like many current eBay sellers I used to send items through the post and get a certificate of posting as proof that I had posted the item. However once a customer complained to PayPal and even though I had provided proof I found out they would only accept proof with tracking information something that is never spelled out to you when you first join. At the time I was rather cross and took it on board and from then on for tangible goods I always sent the item by recorded delivery to stop any unnecessary hassles. As the years have gone on I have sold several of my items through PayPal and would quickly place a button on my webpages and enjoy the lovely ease of use. I have heard many horror stories about PayPal and watched consumer programs thanking my lucky stars that I have never had any serious problems. That is until a couple of weeks before Christmas.. I woke up one day and found that my PayPal account was limited and to have it returned to normal standing I would have to supply a set amount of different documents because they believed my account was involved in suspicious activity as they worded it. I wasnt worried because I could still accept payments into my account I just couldnt withdraw any money or close my account. I have been asked for additional information before in the past and had always provided it straight away and not had a problem. So I thought that by the following day it would all be sorted out after a fax or two. When I saw the information in full that they requested I was rather horrified because they were asking for information that was impossible to physically provide. For example I couldnt provide proof of delivery from the warehouse on items I was selling when it was e-books. After all I am the author of the e-book so it was impossible to provide this. They were also asking for tracking on the e-books that I had sent out even though it was being delivered automatically by email. They were also asking for further information about products I had sold even though they had forgotten to list any actual products. Therefore as the account is in my husbands name he had the misfortune of ringing their anti-customer support line. They simply told him to send it an email and wait for a response. Three days later I got an automated email asking me to fill in the information even though this was impossible. We rang customer services again and this time we were told they would deal with it. Next time I logged on to PayPal I found that they were asking for totally different information and was told that as soon as I had provided it my account would be back to normal standing which was a total relief for me. So I provided all the information that they asked for including proof of address, name and information about my products then moments later I received an email from PayPal telling me my account had been closed for good and that I had to wait 6 months for the monies from my account which stood at $1500 for four days trading whilst my account was limited. In the email it also stated that the reason for the account closure is because I had received 28.6% in complaints in the last 7 days which was totally out of proportion. I thought this cant be right there is no way that more than 1 in 4 people has complained about me. I checked my figures and for someone that does 100 sales a week minimum just through PayPal I have only had 7 complaints in the whole of 2009. When I got out the calculator my complaints level was in fact 0.0013 which doesnt even equal 1%. With selling ebooks there is never going to be a time when you are totally free of complaints because people expect you to do the work for them or the teenage son makes a purchase on Daddys credit card. Its just life and you expect it. But for PayPal to treat a customer of several years like this is frankly disgusting. I honestly believe that they had decided to remove me anyway and by asking me to provide paperwork that was impossible was there way of dealing with it. It has since come to light that PayPal picks accounts at random to suspend so that they can make money from the interest in the accounts to cover the staff bonuses. There seems to be campaigns against PayPal going on right now and unless you are actively looking for it you will just plough on and use PayPal until it happens to you. I ended up spending several hours changing my payment buttons over to a payment processor that respected me and gave me fair practices. But it is well worth it for me to say that my torture is over and I am free of PayPal for good. If you are wondering about the money that was stuck in my PayPal account that is safely back in my pocket as in this situation you can still refund customers so I refunded a customer and then transferred the money out. After reading this please take what I have said seriously as you could be the next random customer that gets tortured.

By: samantha
How To Buy An Unusual Present To Pay The Right Price For Laminating Flooring Deciding Which R4DS Version To Buy Good Reasons To Buy R4DS Where To Buy the Iso7x Twenty Reasons Why Pacquiao V. Cotto Is Must See (pay-per-view) Tv Can You Buy Phentermine without Prescription? Skid Steers for Sale: Be Careful Where You Buy Them From! China’s first online shopping activist platform will be on line after the Spring Festival Internet Shopping Advances Buy Ac/dc Tickets For Mesmerizing Concerts Why First Time Buyers Need To Worry A Bit, Too Should You Buy A Disposable E Cig First
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.150.55) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.014441 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 5974, 962,
Why I have quit PayPal after nearly five years Seattle