Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » What all to carry when traveling to India
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What all to carry when traveling to India

I have been a frequent traveler to India and learning from my past experiences, I have compiled a ready-list of essential things to carry when travelling to India. I consult this list every time I travel to the country, and so far it has kept me in good stead. I hope it helps you people too.

1. Photocopy of your important documents- Yes, that's vital. This is by no means to say that India is an unsafe country, but it's always wise to stay on the safer side.

2. A phrase book of Hindi- This one is especially recommended if you are staying in one of the budget hotels in Northern India. Many times, the staff at the budget hotel is not well versed in English. Thus, Hindi is the best way to get your point across and carrying a guide book certainly helps. However, if you are traveling to the southern or eastern parts of the country, carrying a phrase book of the local language would be a better idea. What all to carry when traveling to India

3. Toiletries- This one again holds importance if you are staying in one of the budget hotels of the country. Although the budget accommodations these days do have most of the toiletries needed, it's still best to be prepared. Carry your razor, your shaving cream, your toothbrush, toothpaste as well as shampoo.

4. Mosquito repellent- This one is especially true if you are looking to go camping on the trip. Although hotels in India do give arrange most of the stuff required for camping, they often miss out on the mosquito repellent. And without a mosquito repellent, spending a night in the open can be a tough ask.

5. Umbrella and rainproof clothing- If you are travelng to the country anytime between July to August, it's better to carry rain proof clothing and an umbrella with you. The cheap hotels won't provide you with an umbrella, although the high end hotels just may. But again, the chances are pretty slim.

6. An extra film roll- Yup, you heard that right. There is such a lot of shoot in India, you definitely should have an extra film roll. In case you have a digital, an extra memory card. I always prefer the traditional camera though.

The above has definitely kept me in good stead all this while, and I am sure it will keep you too. Just make sure you choose the correct hotel to stay in, follow the above and you will be good to go. And yes, there are plenty of online portals which have a list of budget hotels of India, in case you are a budget traveler. I usually go with myguesthouse.net, but there are a few others that you can check out.

Have a great trip to India.
Rajasthan tourism – One of the best tourism spot in India Australian courts to determine copyrights on a case-by-case basis Los Angeles holidays 2011: City of Angels Unforgettable India - Beach Resorts Luxury tour in India Mesmerizing tour package Varied India - Rajasthan, Kerala and Adventure tours London Cheap Apartments: A Dream Come True The Summer Time When the Weather is Fine Visit The Famous Landmarks Of Central London How To Plan A Trip To The Big Apple Where to stay on your holiday in Devon Sightseeing Tour To Giza Pyramids and Egyptian Museum From El Sokhna Port
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.15.70.191) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.011766 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2665, 954,
What all to carry when traveling to India Columbus