Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Warning - Needed Cultural Information Before Your Thailand Dental Holiday
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Warning - Needed Cultural Information Before Your Thailand Dental Holiday

I've traveled the world over and many times to Asia

. During these travels I learned a few cultural tips which will help make your trip a little less stressful. Thailand is no different. If you know a few little traveling and cultural tips, you can save yourself time, energy and money.

Smile

The Thais are a friendly people and some are quite traditional. Make sure to smile when you see them. It is called the land of smiles for a reason.

Handshake

Most Thai don't do the traditional handshake. They do a little traditional bow as a sign of greeting and respect. If you do shake their hand, don't be offended by the "weak fish" handshake, I've never come across a firm handshake from a Thai yet. It's simply not their culture.

Language Barriers

If you are traveling to Thailand for a dental holiday, you will probably be around the tourist areas where English is commonly known. However, most Thais aren't fully fluent in English and have what is called the Thai-English language based off of larger keywords. Keep in mind to speak slower and clearer than you would normally speak.

Even those who speak English very well, you may still have some trouble with unusual requests. For example, I was staying in a serviced apartment, while ordering room service, I tried to combine two dishes. One had the Salmon as the main course; the other had the vegetables and potatoes I liked. I attempted to explain that I wanted the salmon from this meal and sides from the other. Over seven times it was done incorrectly and done differently each time. Eventually I just gave up. There are some things you need to have patience with.

Traveling within the city

If you want to do some site seeing during your dental holiday, it is best to have your hotel staff help you before you get your taxi. When I first traveled to Thailand I would have a list of sites I wanted to visit and then have the reception write it down in Thai and English for me. Then when you get into the taxi and if they don't understand, simply point at the paper.

by: Peter Nastrom
Cosmetic Dentistry Mesa Az | Cosmetic Dentist Mesa Az Cosmetic Dentist- Improving the Smiles of People Cosmetic Dentist in Delhi – The Perfect Way to Enhance Your Look Cosmetic Dentistery Chance To Change Your Smile Accidental Damage Coverage Teeth Whitening Siamak Jafari Dental Treatment The Online Dentist Promoting Your Dental Business Nitrous Oxide Is Great For Helping Pain At The Dentist Cosmetic Dentists Perform Perio Regeneration Get More Benefits From Your Dental Insurance Policy Canoga Park Dentist - Top Dentist In Canoga Park
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.171.121) / Processed in 0.012411 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2194, 964,
Warning - Needed Cultural Information Before Your Thailand Dental Holiday