Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Things You Should Know About Whiplash Injury
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Things You Should Know About Whiplash Injury

Q: Can I make a claim for whiplash injury 12 months after the accident

?

A: Yes, you have three years in which to make your claim for a whiplash injury, but you should contact a solicitor as soon as possible, when the details of the accident are still fresh in your mind. Also, liability is much more likely to be admitted by the third party if they are contacted as soon as possible after the accident.

Q: Who will I claim against for whiplash injury?

A: You will be claiming against the insurers of the person who caused the accident. If the third party are proved to be liable for the accident which caused whiplash, their insurance company will pay your compensation.Things You Should Know About Whiplash Injury

Q: Will I have to go to court to claim for whiplash?

A: Not necessarily. Most cases are settled out of court, but it depends if the third party admits liability or not. You may have to go to court if liability is not admitted, but the vast majority of whiplash cases are settled out-of-court.

Q:Do I need to seek medical help for minor whiplash injury?

A: Yes. Always seek medical help as soon as possible after suffering whiplash, as even a minor injury may be masking more serious injuries, such as neck or back fractures. Also, whenever possible, note down phone numbers and addresses of any witnesses to the accident, and also take registration numbers and photographs of the scene if possible.

Q: Can I claim much for whiplash injury?

A: The amount of compensation you can claim for whiplash injury depends on how much the injury has affected your life, and how much pain and suffering you have had to endure. If, for example your injury has left you unable to work for a long period of time, and you also want to claim for medical expenses, in cases of severe whiplash injury you could claim up to 16,000. Once you have been examined by a doctor, and your personal injury solicitor has carried out a free claim assessment, you will get a better idea of the amount of compensation you can expect.

Q: What other injuries can I claim for after suffering whiplash?

A: Whiplash can cause further injury to the back or neck, and you will know more about the full extent of your injuries after visiting a doctor. In addition to neck and shoulder pain following a whiplash injury, you may also suffer psychological injury, which can also be claimed for with the help of a no win, no fee personal injury solicitor.

Q:How will a whiplash compensation claim affect my car insurance?

A: A whiplash compensation claim could affect your car insurance, but it largely depends on who is at fault, the severity of your injuries, and what action you take against the guilty party. A regulated personal injury solicitor will be able to give you the best advice about making a whiplash claim, and by choosing a no win, no fee solicitor, it wont cost you a penny. Bear in mind that you will receive 100% of the compensation, which should offset any small increase in car insurance premiums.

Q: The driver of the car I was travelling in caused an accident which resulted in me suffering whiplash. Can I make a claim?

A: Yes. You can make a claim for whiplash compensation, whether the driver of the car you were travelling in was at fault, or whether another driver was at fault.

Q: Can I claim for whiplash injury from a driver who was not insured?Things You Should Know About Whiplash Injury

A: Yes. You can claim compensation from a driver who was not insured, although it may take slightly longer for a personal injury solicitor to ascertain the details. If you are involved in any type of car accident, always make a note of the registration numbers of all vehicles involved.

Q: Can I make a whiplash claim against the driver of a foreign-plated car?

A: Yes. You can still make a whiplash compensation claim against the driver of a foreign-registered vehicle, if he/she caused the accident. Take as many details as possible from the driver of the vehicle, including name, address, registration number and company details if the driver is working.

by: Adrian Vultur
What To Do After A Whiplash Injury Commercial Trucks Possess The Top Position Before Buying '4x4 Lifted Trucks By Owner' Read This Soaring Popularity Of Automotive Window Tinting Finding The Right Car Insurance Boynton Beach Fl Finding The Right Car Insurance Fort Lauderdale Fl Finding The Right Car Insurance Miami Tips in getting car insurance with no license What Accessories Can Make Your 4x4 Trucks Remarkable? Car Reviews: Widening Automotive Industries Wings Why you Should Compare Car Insurance Things To Consider When Purchasing Car Insurance Ten Ways To Slash Your Car Insurance Premiums
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.139.240.142) / Processed in 0.013773 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 40 , 4171, 952,