Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Preparing For Your Winter Ski Vacation
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Preparing For Your Winter Ski Vacation

Just as if you were going to Florida, you need to pack and prepare certain things in order to go to Colorado - especially if you plan on having any fun in the snow! If you were going to Florida you sure as heck wouldn't pack ski's and a wool jacket with down feathers now would ya

?!? Hot! There is a one word explanation for you! Your winter ski vacation should be as fun as you can possibly allow it to be, but you really should consider taking not only specific clothing and apparel items, but other items as well. Here are a few things you should be considering if you have booked your Colorado ski packages!

Skis. This is sort of a given, but for those of you that have never been on a ski vacation, please be aware that you CAN rent ski's either for your ski lessons or your very own trip. Skis are going to cost a varying amount depending on what kinds of skis and where you rent them from. Most resorts will let you rent the skis for one day then you must return them. You also might be asked to make a deposit on them as well, which you will get back provided you bring the skis back! Yea and remember to bring your poles or rent those as well!

Clothing. Apparel such as socks, pants, jackets, goggles, hats, boots and a helmet should also be packed for your winter ski vacation. If you don't have hats and boots and all that good stuff, then you are going to need to shop at a snowboard/ski store before you go on your trip. These items are not only meant to keep you warm, but safe as well. Don't skimp -- especially on the pants! Kidding! You can also take long underwear as well if the mood hits you. Frankly, I get REALLY cold in the snow which is why I prefer the sun. So I absolutely make sure I take extra undershirts and long underwear.

Safety Gear. It's always better to be prepared, than to have something happen and be in trouble. Make sure you take the following items on your trip or make sure the resort you are staying at offers some of these options; beeper (tracking system), walkie talkies, energy bars, hydration pack, trail maps. The trail maps are incredibly important if you have never been to a specific range before. If you are a beginner, the last thing you want to do is be skiing down a double black diamond because you got lost or turned around. Which brings me to another point - only ski the levels YOU are comfortable with. This isn't the place nor the time to impress your buddies or your gf. You could end up getting really hurt if you start fooling around.Preparing For Your Winter Ski Vacation

Instead of printing this out, one thing most safety professions are going to suggest to you is that you make out your very own checklist. This is a good idea because you can take down notes such as the ones we have talked about here and put them all in one place. You can print this out or you can write it by hand - it depends on you. Just mark the points in my list you want to take with you and then contribute other items that are significant for you.

by: Mark Etinger
Travel Tips For The Efficient Traveler From A Brooklyn Travel Agency! I Love Italian Travel - January Central Italy Attractions Temple Of Great Compassion, A Zen Masterpiece Safety Measure And Precaution For Woman While Travelling Abroad Folk Arts Theatre - Where Cultural Works Of Art Come To Life Customized Small Group Tours And Family Vacation Packages Peking Man Site Footsteps Of Ancestors Qatar National Museum A Lifetime Of Knowledge In One Place Make Your Holiday Party A Huge Success: Bring Home A New Espresso Machine Pad100 Tv Card,110cc Atv,led Flashing Ball, Temple Of Literature Walk Through Knowledge How To Book Flights What Is All The Information You Need How To Book Yourself A Vacation With Discount Flights
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.69.85) / Processed in 0.012524 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3062, 954,