Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Omar warns doctors: Desist from private practice or face action
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Omar warns doctors: Desist from private practice or face action

Nazir Ganaie

Agence India Press Omar warns doctors: Desist from private practice or face action

December 5, 2010

Srinagar: Talking tough on private practicing doctors, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday warned the doctors at Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences from indulging in private practice at the cost of patient care in the institute.

"I know who you are; I know your names and the addresses of your clinics. Please, don't force me to issue an advertisement in the newspaper and seize your clinics," Omar addressed and medical students on the 28th annual day function of SKIMS held at SKICC here.

"Majority of the doctors, who are God fearing of this institute don't indulge in the private practice, but a group of them bring a bad name to the whole folk of the doctors by indulging in the private practice," Omar said.

Omar said his government is ready to help the institute and its staff to make the full fill their demands and provide them with best equipments.

According to Agence India Press reporter Omar said, we are ready to help you, but It is most unfortunate that some doctors despite bound under rules and regulations and receiving non-practicing allowances indulge in private practice.

Chief Minister advised such doctors to shun their illegal practice or "face the consequences."

"Some members (doctors) have turned blind eye towards the ban on private practice. They are following private practice with blatant impunity. It is best opportunity for me, when everyone from SKIMS is here, to tell them that they should desist from private practice or face action," he said.

Calling his grandfather Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah a visionary Omar said,

"Shiekh sahib was a great visionary, he established SKIMS on the banks of Aanchar Lake with two objectives: providing treatment to poor and promoting medical tourism. He didn't do it for Farooq Abdullah or Omar Abdullah but for the

Poor people of Kashmir so that they did not have to travel other parts of country for treatment," CM said adding "SKIMS was vision of Sher-i-Kashmir. It was born with two objectives though they are contrary but complimentary. To ensure that poor people of Kashmir did not have to travel other parts of country for treatment. And to promote medical tourism by providing world class treatment on the banks of Aanchar Lake."

"Unfortunately, Man proposes God disposes. We have not realized the vision of Sher-i-Kashmir," he said. (AIP)

Copyright 2010 AIPTV. All rights reserved.http://agenceindiapress.com

Blog: http:// aipworld.wordpress.com
Tips For Finding Cheap Health Insurance & Pet Insurance Insurance Companies - Individual Health Insurance Plans Where To Look For Individual Health Insurance And Business Insurance Individual Health Insurance Plans - Get the Right Cover and Save Money Cheaper Health Insurance - The Biggest Mistake People Make When Choosing Health Insurance Preferences for Small Business Health Insurance Plans The Many Gains Of Having A Temporary Health Insurance Plan How to Get Health Insurance Deductible Buying Individual Health Insurance Its Not Scary At All Affordable Individual Health Insurance Dont Overpay For Coverage Choose the best and affordable Health insurance plan? Beach Fun: How To Protect Your Skin From Sunburn The Following Are Important For Low Cost Health Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.59.218.147) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.011604 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 2788, 960,
Omar warns doctors: Desist from private practice or face action Seattle