Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » More Texas Health Insurance Plans Now Accepted At Trauma Center
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

More Texas Health Insurance Plans Now Accepted At Trauma Center

Between Austin and Dallas in Texas, Scott & White Memorial Hospital is the only designated Level I trauma center

. That's a comprehensive trauma facility capable of providing the highest level of specialty care. Such centers must meet stringent national performance standards. Having access to this type of comprehensive trauma center is very important for critically-injured patients.

To qualify as a trauma center, Scott & White Memorial Hospital had to meet the criteria established by the American College of Surgeons. The capabilities of these centers are identified by their level. For example, Level-I indicates the highest capability, and Level-IV designates the lowest capability. Trauma centers with lower level designations may only be able to stabilize a patient, and arrange to transfer her or him to a center with a higher level of trauma care. As you may imagine, there are several advantages in avoiding such a transfer.

Texas Level I Trauma Center Part of National Trial

In a national clinical trial, two of Scott & White's vascular surgeons have performed one of the first implants of a device for traumatic aortic transection. This trial is designed to compare thoracic endografts, as a less invasive alternative, to major surgery. These endografts have the potential to increase the survival rate for people involved in vehicle accidents who cannot withstand more demanding major surgery.More Texas Health Insurance Plans Now Accepted At Trauma Center

The less invasive alternative involves sealing off an aneurysm with an endovascular graft inside the aorta, re-lining, and making a new blood flow path. This type or repair usually takes one to three hours, and can be done under general, local, or regional anesthesia. Patients can often assume their regular activities in only two to six weeks, and the thoracic endograft permanently stays inside the aorta.

Texas Trauma Center Ranked among Best in Nation

Located in Central Texas, Scott & White Memorial Hospital is one of the nation's largest multi-specialty healthcare facilities. This hospital has been ranked among the Thomson 100 Top Hospitals in the nation for six consecutive years. That ranking is based upon clinical excellence, operating efficiency, and patient safety and satisfaction.

As a fully-integrated health facility, Scott & White is the largest multi-specialty center in Texas. It's also the sixth largest group practice in the United States, and it offers more than 800 doctors and scientists.

More Texas Health Insurance Plans Accepted at Scott & White

Although Scott & White does have its own health insurance (the Scott & White Health Plan), it has also begun to accept most major Texas health insurance plans. That means you can probably use your existing coverage should you ever need their Level I trauma care.

From Aetna to USA Managed Care Organization, Scott & White's website lists 29 different health insurance in Texas providers it will accept, including Medicaid and Medicare. Their new policy makes coverage one less thing to worry about in the event of a vehicle accident. When dealing with such a crisis, health insurance should be the last thing that trauma patients or their families have on their minds.

by: Wiley Long
Simple As 1-2-3: Getting Health Insurance How To Pick Out The Best Health Insurance For Yourself A Natural Way To Alleviate Hemorrhoids Pain What Should I Be Looking For In A Liposuction Doctor? What Strategy Should I Use To Find The Best Liposuction Doctor? How To Jump Higher Without Injury - Tips To Stay Healthy And Avoid Injury Important Factors Health Care Providers Look For From An Insurance Company How Can My Doctor Diagnose Hpv? Alleviate Colds And Allergies: It's All In The Air Finding A Good Cheap Health Insurance Plan How To Find The Best Health Insurance Plan If You Lose Your Group Health Insurance, What Should You Do? Latex Mattress- It Is What Doctor Prefer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.21.233.41) / Processed in 0.012255 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3302, 960,