Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Medicare supplement plan offered by the American Association of Retired Persons
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Medicare supplement plan offered by the American Association of Retired Persons

While I was traveling in Afghanistan, I witnessed the most horrific medical emergency

when a young Frenchwoman suddenly suffered from an appendicitis attack. Her agony began on a stranded bus in the middle of an empty desert. More Americans prefer traveling to remote places in the world which at times, causes some of them to suffer from life threatening sicknesses or accidents where there is limited proper medical care and sometimes none at all.

In just about a few hours out of Kandahar, the bus filled with Afghans got broken in the middle of nowhere. I could tell that the woman's friend who approached me, a westerner, was worried and confused. Her friend was in an excruciating pain as she stretched out in the back seat. We didn't have options other than to apply a wet handkerchief to the Frenchwoman's forehead to temper the day's searing heat.Trucks headed towards Kabul rarely pass but after an hour or so, when passengers noticed a truck, they immediately hopped in even if it wasn't going near Kabul. The Frenchwoman sobbed as the pain persisted, and then along came a sturdy European sedan, which I flagged down.

The two French travelers were fortunate enough for the Swiss couple who were in the car agreed to give them a ride to Kabul. Finally, another bus arrived which I and the remaining Afghan passengers were able to ride after some time. The next day, I found the Frenchwoman's companion in my hotel thanking me for what I did. In Kabul, she and the Swiss had contacted the French Embassy, which directed them to a hospital where her friend underwent an immediate appendectomy. The close call chastened the companion but she was fine.In 60 foreign countries, travelers in 60 foreign countries are provided with hazardous road conditions by the Maryland based association for safe international road travel. Some reports may be about the probability of livestock on the road, accident prone roads, dangers of driving at night and bizarre driving practices depending on which country. Where pertinent, it also will note where lack of safety standards makes rental cars or bus travel chancy.

The organization was built in memory of a 25 year old medical student who was a Bethesda national and was killed in a bus accident in Turkey. The countries with the most dangerous roads based on accident statistics are Egypt, Kenya, South Korea, Turkey and Morocco where the non-profit organization cites. There is a probability that India might be on the list but it doesn't provide statistics. The association convinced the US State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs to include road hazard information in each country's consular information sheets. Carry adequate health insurance, and consider buying a medical evacuation policy. Payment is on you if ever you get ill or injured but in looking for a medical care, the US Embassy could take care of it. In order to get to an emergency hospital from a remote area, evacuating you by air can cost thousands of dollars.Medicare supplement plan offered by the American Association of Retired Persons

Before going abroad, find out what medical services your health insurance will cover, warns the State Department, and carry both an insurance policy identity card as proof of your insurance and a claim form.A Medicare supplement plan provided by the American Association of Retired Persons is the only way that a senior citizen's treatment expenses outside the country can be covered and not by the Social Security Medicare. On per trip or annual basis, one can avail of the medical evacuation insurance which some firms offer. The company directly sells insurance although you could also purchase from travel agents.If the greatest unfavorable events take place, call the nearest US Embassy. The very least that the embassy can do is to provide a list of local doctors or other medical facilities. Most likely, the embassy personnel will take necessary steps to insure Americans the best medical care. This is true particularly in remote areas that get American visitors. Proper treatment, a better facility and friends or relatives are the three things that an accident victim in a foreign country needs which are monitored by the officers.

By: stonesharon
The amazing story of how Paul Smith travelled the world for free using only Twitter Buying Great Holiday Gifts For Dad Finding Great Holiday Gifts For Her Items To Give As Christmas Gifts For Guys Watercan, Leaders Of Clean Water Projects In Developing Countries Finding The Ultimate Vampire Halloween Costume Planning Ahead Makes For Great Trips Dubai: Holidays in Dubai Are Like No Other Reveals the Glory of South India with Best of Two Cultures Tour Package The Temporary Insanity Of The Christmas Spirit You Don't Need Snow To Have A Great Christmas Mail Christmas cards Understanding When You Need A Travelers Health Insurance Policy
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.148.144.214) / Processed in 0.013425 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 4350, 954,