Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » Making the Move from Wagon Jobber
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Making the Move from Wagon Jobber

Many jobbers are very happy and have built profitable businesses remaining small as wagon jobbers. It is a very liberating position to be in when you can set your own hours (to a point) and don't have the added pressure of making payroll. Not to mention the tax liberties and advantages one can use. But what about growth?

If you want to grow your business -- really grow your business -- you need more bodies. You can't do everything yourself. Now, there are a lot of jobbers who have previously worked in large companies, either in leadership roles or under lousy bosses and they may just not want to deal with employees and the headaches they bring -- I can certainly respect that. However, if you want to grow your territory, it's a must.

So, what type of employee should I hire?

This is an easy one. A delivery driver -- and here's why...

When you're a wagon jobber, your core position is that of salesman, working you way from stop to stop selling your goods with a repeatable pattern:

1) go in and take the order2) present new items3) go out to the parking lot and fill the order4) complete the invoice5) go in and check in the products with the store clerk6) merchandise the products,if applicable7) leave to go to your next account.

This 7 step process takes time -- time you could be spending opening other accounts.

By employing one delivery driver, and yes they must be trustworthy, you're only required to complete 2 of the above mentioned tasks before leaving for another account.

My personal experience has shown acting as a wagon jobber I was able to service, on average, about 10 stores per day. However, once I hired a delivery driver, I was able to service about 15 stores per day. Your time is freed up to the point of allowing for much more growth -- that's 1/3 more business.
Lost your Job? – Look for the Blessing Excellent Tool Boxes For Perfection In Job Getting The Right Kind Of Job Things to consider before applying for a hospitality job The Italian Chef - A High Demand Job Choosing The Right Blade For The Right Job What's a Student to Do, When it Comes to Finding Diversity on the First Job? Presenting a Good Counter Salary Offer for Nurse Job How to Ask for a Salary Raise While at Job? The Key To Finding A Job: Bend The Rules How To Get Your Dream Overseas Job How To Find The Right Job: Bend The Rules A Little A View On Courier Job
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.248.208) / Processed in 0.011747 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 1956, 968,