Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Majestic wind turbines will soon grace the tourist regions of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Majestic wind turbines will soon grace the tourist regions of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard

Majestic wind turbines will soon grace the tourist regions of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard

By Elena Christopoulos

First Wind Turbine in North America

After nine years, something absolutely wonderful has happened in Cape Cod. On the 28th of April, an off-shore wind farm project was approved by U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.

Salazar called the project a first step in the nation's "clean energy revolution," and vowed, "This will be the first of many projects up and down the Atlantic coast." It is my hope that the west coast will soon follow suit as there are many opportunities for off-shore wind farms down the coast of Southern California.Majestic wind turbines will soon grace the tourist regions of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard

The wind farm will include 130 wind turbines over a 24-square-mile area in the shallow waters of Nantucket Sound. This will take over 400 homes off the grid' or some refer to it as becoming energy independent.

Why did this take nine years? It is answering the same questions that I was faced when placing the first urban wind turbine in North America, which was in downtown Toronto, Canada back in 1997.

Opponents of this exciting project are apparently appealing it in court. On a personal note, I would really like to know why. I know it is not the sound, nor the possible harm to birds, nor the energy production. Is the answer simply esthetics? Growing up in Europe I was exposed to windmills and turbines in Greece, Holland, Spain and Germany. As a child I was awestruck watching turbines spin blending so beautifully into the landscape. Am I wrong? Please let me know what you think.

For those who would like to support this initiative, contact the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). www.awea.org

"First, there is the power of the Wind, constantly exerted over the globe. Here is an almost incalculable power at our disposal, yet how trifling the use we make of it! It only serves to turn a few mills, blow a few vessels across the ocean, and a few trivial ends besides. What a poor compliment do we pay to our indefatigable and energetic servant!"

Henry David Thoreau, from Paradise (To Be) Regained [1843]

By: EnviroCitizen
Tips For Travelling And Hiking Travel To China - Suzhou The Embroidered Patch Industry Needs More American Support Greeting Cards for Diwali Festival Carriage Driver For Tours Car Hire Comparision UK - A guide Divorce Attorneys Va Beach Va:property Settlement Agreement Travel Tips For China - What To Pack For Your Trip Icaria Beach Tomato Festival Medical Travel -- Why this High Quality, Low Cost Alternative to US medical care makes good sense The Well Known Singing Show American Idol Had It Coming From Daniel Tosh Victims Of Domestic Violence Could Suffer More, Say Solicitors, London
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.188.138) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.014516 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2864, 954,
Majestic wind turbines will soon grace the tourist regions of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard Vairano Patenora