Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » I can't get no (job) satisfaction
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I can't get no (job) satisfaction

Are Sunday evenings spoiled because you're dreading Monday morning?

Do you get irritated during your commute to work each day?

Does your work bore you leaving you lethargic and fed up?I can't get no (job) satisfaction

Does your working day drag?

Do you eat lots or engage in gossip just to break the monotony?

Do the weekends go too quickly?

Is the highlight of your year your annual fortnight's holiday?

Do you spend your day thinking there has to be something better than this?

Or have you got past that stage and not think at all?

If any of these scenarios are familiar don't worry, you're not alone. It's known as job dis-satisfaction to you and I. To businesses the term being applied is employee engagement'. According to the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) employee engagement has been on a downward slide for the last year. Many employers and professionals believe this is due to the recession and its associated threat of redundancies and cost cutting measures such as pay freezes.

But job satisfaction isn't always about money. Abraham Maslow produced a psychology paper on human motivation in 1943. Known popularly as the Hierarchy of Needs its findings are as relevant today as they were over 60 years ago. In terms of how money motivates us the model says that we need to provide for our basic needs such as shelter, food, clothes etc. However, once these are all provided for we want more. We want to feel supported, we want respect, we want to belong and we want to evolve spiritually. Money has very little to do with any of these factors.

The other reason that job dis-satisfaction is increasing is down to our expectations. The mindset of my parents' generation is very different from mine. Not too long ago a job was hoped to be for life and if you had one like that, with a pension, you considered yourself to be lucky. Very few people went on to further education and running your own business was an option for a small percentage of the population.

Today, with the world shrinking in communication terms, we have access to so much more information. We all want to be individual. A job for life is rare and often not wanted. We all feel we have the right to do our own thing.

And so we should. But that's where the frustration begins.

What is your own thing? What are you passionate about? Or are you so jaded and bored with your 9 5 job that you don't think you have any passion left? Do you wish you could spend your time doing something you love and earn an income from it? Do you want to be your own boss and in control of your working day? Do you know what you want to do but are just afraid to make that change?

Well, for the second time I'm telling you not to worry. If you're feeling any of those things it means you're human and there are many, many people feeling just like you do now. And I felt like that too. That's how I could write that list so quickly because I've felt all those things.

Realising you're not alone is the first step you can take to finding the life you really want to live. There are more steps to take and, along the way, you will have to deal with your beliefs, your emotions, your family, your friends and your self-esteem. And you need a guide or a path to follow.

For me, my biggest problem was the fear of giving up the regular salary payment. I knew what I wanted to do and I knew how I was going to do it. But every time I thought of taking the step from employed to self-employed I got so scared it was stupid. So I took on a series of lessons to uncover what was causing that fear. And I did the lessons diligently and I never noticed any change at all. BUT, one day I was driving to work and I went into my usual thoughts about what it would be like to walk in and resign and, instead of feeling frightened I felt excited. I knew I'd made the breakthrough.

Even now I couldn't tell you which exercise did the trick or even what had changed in my thinking. All I know is that the excitement grew and the fear has never come back.

So, I'd like to share the exercises I did with you. They're available as a free e-course. Now I'm not plugging my own course here. I'm far too busy with my writing, Feng Shui consultancy and online shop. What I am plugging is a free e-course by Nick Williams. It's based on a book of his called The work you were born to do'.

Nick believes that we can all earn a living from doing what we love and I'm inclined to believe him. You may think Oh yeah, life's not that easy.' But what if it was? Anyway, the course is free so surely it's worth checking out isn't it? Who knows, maybe we can spurn a whole new generation of entrepreneurs.

Go to Help Me Discover now to find out more.

Jackie Notman is a copywriter, feng shui consultant and e-commerce retailer. This article is from The Psychic Reader - an online resource for health, wealth, career and relationship issues.

WANT TO PUBLISH THIS ARTICLE?

You have permission to publish this article as long as the tagline (above) with links is included and no changes are made to the article. A courtesy copy of your publication or link would be appreciated.
Scooter tuning is not an amateur's job Finding The Perfect Nanny Job Link Building - Persistent Efforts Or Just a One-Day Job? Part time job Finding a PR job I Hate My Job Tax Consequences of Losing Your Job The Right Tools For The Job The Right Tools for the Job: Pruners Conservatories : Choosing A Builder For The Job Importance of MBA for a better job Benefits of Job Board Services for Prospective Employees and Employers How Do Job Board Services Help Employers and the Prospective Employees?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.83.240) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.014387 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 50 , 5515, 968,
I can't get no (job) satisfaction Pforzheim