Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » I Love Sightseeing Tours Of Italy - Winter Attractions And Events In Abruzzi/molise
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Love Sightseeing Tours Of Italy - Winter Attractions And Events In Abruzzi/molise

I Love Sightseeing Tours Of Italy -  Winter Attractions And Events In Abruzzi/molise

Abruzzi and Molise are small, traditional Italian regions on the Adriatic Sea

. They were united until Molise was named as a separate region in 1963. These regions get pretty cold in the winter, but you still can enjoy yourself even if you aren't into winter sports. Here you can see the real Italy, which is virtually unspoiled by tourists. I first heard of this area decades ago, when I learned that according to Craig Claiborne, at the time Food Editor of the New York Times, Italy's best food was found in Abruzzi. Why don't you see if his considered food evaluations still hold?

Saint Martino's day, November 11, is said to signal the end of the agricultural year. The harvest is in and prepared for the winter. Scanno, Abruzzi celebrates this special day with enormous bonfires on the surrounding hillsides. Valle Castellana, Abruzzi holds a Chestnut and Potato Festival in November.

December 6 marks the San Nicolo Feast Day which is often celebrated with traditional loaves of bread and taralli, hard round biscuits, washed down with wine. Two days later is the Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception. Several towns and villages celebrate with bonfires and traditional singing. Among the beautiful Living Nativity scenes is Bethlehem in the Grotto in the town of Stiffe, Abruzzi held during the month of December. On Christmas Eve many Molise towns such as Agnones, Acquaviva Collecroce, and Oratino hold torchlight processions, while Bagnoli di Trigno holds a flashlight parade. Each parade is similar and each parade is unique.

Rivisondoli, Abruzzi reenacts the arrival of the Three Kings at the Manger on January 5. There are hundreds of costumed participants. Every January the village of Picciano, Abruzzi hosts a traditional Befana Festival honoring an old woman dressed as a witch who gives coal to the bad children. Villa d'Agri, Molise hosts a similar festival.I Love Sightseeing Tours Of Italy -  Winter Attractions And Events In Abruzzi/molise

In mid-January the village of Fara Filiorum Petri, Abruzzi and several others host a Farchie Festiva in honor of St. Anthony. There are huge bonfires with torches over ten meters long (more than thirty feet) and a meter wide. You'll hear firecrackers, songs, and stories. There's dancing, food, and wine. In mid-January Ortona, Abruzzi celebrates a special festival that honors Saint Sebastian; a finely decorated small boat filled with fireworks is launched. According to tradition, the length of the boat's journey indicates the success of the coming agricultural and fishing seasons. In both of these regions February means Carnivale, discussed in a separate article.

by: Levi Reiss
Fine Dining On The Sunshine Coast Trundle Beds Make Room For Big Holiday Parties Culinary Schools Abroad Party In A Luxury Limousine! Live Life, Travel Hard and Eat Well Comparison between VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server Hosting The Purpose Of Celebrity: What Is The Value Of A Pulpit If You Have Nothing Important To Say? Christmas Gift Ideas This Year Last Minute Flights Make Your Trip Perfect With Some Travelling Tips Captivating Coventry - Great Reasons to Choose Coventry for Your Holiday or Conference How Traveling to Alaska Gives You Plenty of Options? Links Of London
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.133.110) / Processed in 0.005971 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2658, 954,
I Love Sightseeing Tours Of Italy - Winter Attractions And Events In Abruzzi/molise