Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » How to Handle the Cancer Shock
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How to Handle the Cancer Shock

What would you say if someone asks you "what is the worst case scenario, in relation to your parents".

One year ago my answer would have been "If my parents died in a traumatic crash or something along those lines". I could not think of anything worse than that. Until my mother dropped the C word on me exactly one year ago.

What is a girl to do when she finds out that her mother has cancer and even worse breast cancer. Luckily for my mother it wasa low risk case but all in all cancer is cancer. In hearing this it made me think about everyone else in this world that have to deal with this fact of life and how they would handle it. Some people may drink there sorrows away or turn to drugs. Other will find themselves crying themselves to sleep or sinking into a world of depression. My reaction was to express myself creatively and trying to stay strong for my mum which for me this was the best option. Do not get me wrong i was upset and definitely withdrawn but i managed to respect my mums wishes and not cry. At least not in front of her. My head swelled with different emotions and of course I jumped to the worst conclusion when I should not have.

After the dreaded conversation that I know was harder for my mum than for me I struggled to hold back the tears. So I took a deep breath, pushed the tear back as fast as i could and lightly whispered "Everything Will be fine I promise".

Cancer is a tortuous disease. Its not just the emotions that are unbearable, it is the medical appointments, the biopsies, the operations. Whether or not your the patient or the family these are factors that will affect all involved. It is the ups and the downs that bruise the most. holding onto any trace of hope that you can find, only to have it ripped away in one instance by the medical results. The fight to stay positive is hard for all parties.

It is funny, it seemed easier for my mother to stay positive than for myself. It did not matter how many scars were left or how many operations she had she always seemed to stay strong. Being the observer does have its pros and con's; pro your not the one that has cancer and the con's well the list goes on and on. The worst memory was walking through the hospital wing knowing that my mum is just around the corner lying in white sheets with an excessive amount of drugs in her system to keep her from feeling her freshly cut wounds. unfortunately, this may happen various times and it does seem impossible to find that small trace of hope. among all else that hope will always be there whether or not you feel it at all times either you or the patient will always have a glimpse of hope and that is one thing that not even death can take away from you. It is either hope that the cancer will go away or the unexplainable hope of knowing that they are in a better place now. either way it is always there, it is whether or not you acknowledge it.

The operations, the biopsies, they are all apparent in order the hold onto the hope. These actions may take a tole but they are taken to help that hope grow. With hope usually comes recovery, as i have happily witnessed with my gorgeous mother. Ilook up toanyone who has been strong enough to fight cancer and the loved ones that stood by their sides through it all. Remember to stay positive and keep on fighting, never forget the ones that have lostand always holdhope for those unfortunate people that are hit with the stick.

Cheers Tamie
The Continued Importance Of Income Protection Insurance Impressive On-line Dating Suggestions For Males Nilfisk Poseidon Pressure Washer Review Ultimate Diet Plans for Liver Cleansing Detox Diet- best preventive remedy for acid reflux or heartburn Learn and Have Fun with Your Family in the Isle of Wight Scuba Diving Santa Delivers Gifts To Shark At Blue Planet Aquarium Make A Great Deal In Buying Formal Dresses What to Consider when Buying Propane Burners Effective Logo Designs Buy Online Corporate Diwali Gifts For Employees The Best Nightclub In King's Cross - Sapphire Lounge - Review Reasons To Receive An Online College Degree
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.116.118.198) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.013422 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3573, 975,
How to Handle the Cancer Shock Atlanta