Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » History And Background Of Low-carb Dieting
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

History And Background Of Low-carb Dieting

The terminology "low-carb" wasn't really coined until around 1992 when the USDA announced America's model food pyramid included six to eleven servings daily of grains and starches. However, low-carb dieting dates back more than 100 years before the trendy Atkins diet to 1864 with a pamphlet titled Letter on Corpulence written by William Banting, as close to the first commercial low-carb diet as you could get.

Most Recommended Tips for History And Background Of Low-carb Dieting http://www.dietbuzzer.com/blog/most-recommended-ways-to-scam-your-diet.html

"Few men have led a more active life - bodily or mentally - from a constitutional anxiety for regularity, precision, and order, during fifty years' business career, from which I had retired, so that my corpulence and subsequent obesity were not through neglect of necessary bodily activity, nor from excessive eating, drinking, or self indulgence of any kind, except that I partook of the simple aliments of bread, milk, butter, beer, sugar, and potatoes more freely than my age required"History And Background Of Low-carb Dieting

Many contemporary Americans on the go may recognize Banting's previous unhealthy daily diet:

"My former dietary table was bread and milk for breakfast, or a pint of tea with plenty of milk, sugar, and buttered toast; meat, beer, much bread (of which I was always very fond) and pastry for dinner, the meal of tea similar to that of breakfast, and generally a fruit tart or bread and milk for supper. I had little comfort and far less sound sleep."

Just substitute a Pop tart, doughnut or muffin with coffee and plenty of cream and sugar for breakfast, a fast food burger and fries with a super-sized soft drink for lunch and a frozen pot pie or pizza for dinner followed by dessert and you can see how Banting's diet was so much like the typical fast-paced modern day Americans.

When his physician placed these items on a "forbidden foods list," Banting lost 50 pounds and 13 inches in one year. He kept it off, living a long and much healthier life.

His new diet plan consisted of a number of meat dishes and he listed it as follows:

"For breakfast, at 9.00 A.M., I take five to six ounces of either beef mutton, kidneys, broiled fish, bacon, or cold meat of any kind except pork or veal; a large cup of tea or coffee (without milk or sugar), a little biscuit, or one ounce of dry toast; making together six ounces solid, nine liquid.

For dinner, at 2.00 P.M., Five or six ounces of any fish except salmon, herrings, or eels, any meat except pork or veal, any vegetable except potato, parsnip, beetroot, turnip, or carrot, one ounce of dry toast, fruit out of a pudding not sweetened any kind of poultry or game, and two or three glasses of good claret, sherry, or Madeira- Champagne, port, and beer forbidden; making together ten to twelve ounces solid, and ten liquid.History And Background Of Low-carb Dieting

Most Recommended Tips for History And Background Of Low-carb Dieting http://www.dietbuzzer.com/blog/category/protein-diets

For tea, at 6.00 P.M., Two or three ounces of cooked fruit, a rusk or two, and a cup of tea without milk or sugar; making two to four ounces solid, nine liquid.

For supper, at 9.00 P.M. Three or four ounces of meat or fish, similar to dinner, with a glass or two of claret or sherry and water; making four ounces solid and seven liquid.

For nightcap, if required, a tumbler of grog (gin, whisky, or brandy, without sugar)-or a glass or two of claret or sherry."
Cheap Teen Auto Insurance Quotes - You Can Get Cheaper Insurance Without Taking Out a Loan Extended Car Warranty Options More Affordable Than Ever Through Chicago-based Insured Auto Warranty Tips On Budget Car Insurance Auto Insurance Services Of Carlsbad ,california Fuel Efficient Cars: The Secret Of Economy Driving Illinois Long Term Care Insurance Remains Indispensable Generate Risk-free Simply By Insuring The Car Using The Appropriate Insurance Provider Even Cheap Car Insurance Comes With A Warranty Automobile Companies In India Buy Car Alarm Select Autodvdgps (qualir Inc) Reduce Car Insurance Premium With No Claim Bonus Auto Cash System Unbiased Comments Reviewing Potential Techniques In Your Stone Carving Pursuit
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.143.31) / Processed in 0.013003 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 3607, 952,