Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Hikkaduwa – a surfer's paradise
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hikkaduwa – a surfer's paradise

Hikkaduwa – a surfer's paradise

Hikkaduwa a surfer's paradise

Along the busy smooth road from Colombo to Galle lies a town called Hikkaduwa. The town is centred alongside the main road; however, its main attraction lies in the sparkling seas alongside it.

Not a particularly historic or religious site, Hikkaduwa gained popularity only since the 1960's. Originally the town was acclaimed for its intricate lace-making and drum frames. But what really draws in crowds from all over the island, as well as the world, is the spectacular waves that make Hikkaduwa the second best surf paradise in Sri Lanka. Surfing is so popular here that the National Championship of the Japanese Pro Surfers Association has been held here for over 5 years. A typical day during the ideal November March board surf season will see countless number of locals and foreigners enjoying the waves the whole day through.

Apart from surfing, Hikkaduwa is also ideal for other water activities such as diving and snorkelling. The amazing coral diversity in the area has led to the creation of the coral gardens boat tours, which make it easier for the non diver to enjoy the reefs. These glass-bottomed tour boats provide glimpses of the underwater beauty deep beneath the waves.

All this activity is sure to make the visitor ravenous. Hikkaduwa is well known for the diverse range of food options, be it in a little hut on the beach, a cafe, or a home-turned-hotel. Delicious hot and spicy sea food, normal rice and curry and the ever famous rottis with their mouth watering array of fillings are sure to tempt your taste buds and leave you craving more.

Night-time sees the transformation of the town into one big beach party. Good music, warm sand, a crowd of interesting people and good food is sure to keep you on your feet and on the beach until the wee hours.

The visitor looking at Sri Lanka travel may wish to explore the country and especially its beaches at their own pace. Malkey Rent A Car, will help such traveller to do just that, a Sri Lanka car rental facility boasting 30 years of experience in providing high quality transportation services.
# 2 I recently tried cbd lotion for sale as a replacement for the prime time and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I initiate that it significantly helped with my appetite and sleep issues without any unconcealed side effects. The grease was effortless to speak, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a kindly, lusty grain that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided increase in my all-inclusive well-being, ardour more serene and rested. I comprehend the natural technique to wellness CBD offers and plan to continue using it.   2024-2-20 05:20  reply
Top 5 Train travelling Holidays In Kerala Explore The Beauty Of Punjab In An Amritsar Village Tour A Quick Guide For Rajasthan Travel Wild Life Beach Colombo Tour Tips for incredible India tour Adventure Summer Camps Resources Travel Tips To Taj Mahal Factors To Consider In Availing Travel Insurance Mount Heng Hunan China Travel Guide And Tips Northern Cyprus All inclusive Holidays Apartments On Sale In Paris Hawaii Travel Tips
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(54.210.83.20) / Processed in 0.012520 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2184, 954,