Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Grand Canyon Smooth Water Float Trip
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Grand Canyon Smooth Water Float Trip

Grand Canyon river rafting but without having white-water rapids? Take a smooth-water float tour. Perfect for travelers of all ages, these one-day trips are the ultimate way to explore the canyon from the inside out.

Tours start out from Grand Canyon National Park and Tusayan, AZ, the town just outside the Park's main gate. Choose to go by bus or plane to Page, AZ, where you'll end up making an incredible two-mile drive through a tunnel to the base of Glen Canyon Dam.

Here you'll come aboard an enormous, motorized rubber pontoon boat and commence upon a beautiful 15-mile smooth-water tour down the world-famous Colorado River. Immediately, the scenery gets interesting as you cruise around world-famous Horseshoe Bend. Downstream, you pull out and take a short walk to a cliff wall where the Puebloan peoples made ancient petroglyphs.Grand Canyon Smooth Water Float Trip

Questions regarding the canyon? Ask your professional river guide. These individuals are well-educated on the river, it's history, topography, geology, and the abundant wildlife that call the canyon their home.

The float tour, which takes approximately 2.5 hours, breaks for lunch at the midway point, then continue to historic Lee's Ferry. Here, you'll transfer to an air-conditioned deluxe motor coach and begin your journey back to the South Rim. En route, you'll pass through the mystic Navajo Indian Reservation while being treated to excellent views of the Painted Desert. Most trips will pull over at the Cameron Trading Post. I recommend going inside. They have excellent curios, souvenirs, and authentic Indian handicrafts.

Smooth water float trips operate from April to November and require a full day. Departures are early in the morning. The float trip itself runs 2.5 hours. Summer, which runs from May through September, is hot. I strongly recommend you pack a tube of sunscreen. Packing a hat and dressing in loose-fitting clothing is suggested. Pack a swimsuit if you plan to take a dip. Each raft is stocked with free water and juice to keep you hydrated.

These water-rafting trips are all-inclusive and come with lunch, park fees, professional guide, deluxe motor coach, and free pick up and drop off at all hotel properties in Tusayan and Grand Canyon Village. You can also arrange to be picked up at the Grand Canyon Airport.

Bus-rafting packages are the most economical and start at $170 per person. Airplane-rafting trips start at $329 per person. To get the best price, shop online. My research shows that you can get up to 35 percent off if you book on the Internet. Some of you may be hesitant to book online. Don't be. I purchase all my raft trips on the Web and I've never had any issues.

To really know the Grand Canyon is to go under the rim and ride the river. You don't have to conquer Class 5 rapids to do this. Just hop a bus or board a plane and make the trek upstream to the Colorado River's more calm waters. Put your feet in the water. Relax and watch the condors soar. Head for shore and gaze at ancient Indian art. There's no rush. This is a smooth water float tour, and it's going to be the highlight of your vacation.
Traveling to Europe with your Present Cell Phone – Beware! How to Invest in Australian Aboriginal Art Air News On, Airlines,Tourists Flights,Scheduled Flights Out/Into Kenya/East Africa /Africa and Worldwide Top rated Guidelines For Fishing in South Africa Cheap Eating Tips For The Budget Traveller London Hotels for Every Budget How Would Climate Change Influence Society in the 21st Century? Poseidon: Champion Australian Race Horse What to Know Before Obtaining A Gas Station Franchise The Importance of Timing in Regards to Travel Insurance Twenty Questions to Ask before you Buy a Franchise Traveling to Murcia, Spain Be Sure To Ask These Questions When Meeting With Australian Labradoodle Breeders
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.220.115.192) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.006161 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3300, 954,
Grand Canyon Smooth Water Float Trip Kista