Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Dental care on the go
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Dental care on the go

Dental care on the go

If dental hygiene is what you are looking for, there is an alternative to a visit to a dentist.

Since 2009 registered dental hygienist Caitlin Stroud has been offering dental hygiene services from her Welland home and on the road making house calls to her patients.

"I do see people in my home but the main part of my business is mobile," said Stroud. The idea for mobile dental hygiene services came to Stroud after a 2009 trip to the Dominican Republic where she and some fellow dental workers visited outlying areas to provide volunteer dental service.

"How come we don't have these services here?" Stroud asked herself as she noticed many seniors and individuals with mobility issues were just not able to make it to the dentist's office.

"There's a lot of people here in the Niagara region who cannot get to care," said Stroud who since 2009 has steadily been increasing her patient base.

Some of her patients are children who are much more comfortable in their own home while others are elderly or have physical disabilities that make a trip to the dentist office almost insurmountable.

"Those really are the people I'm trying to reach out to," she said, adding that she does have several patients who prefer her service based solely on the fact that they fear the dentist's office.

"I actually used to be afraid of the dentist myself," she said. Stroud went on to explain that she already makes routine visits to two Welland retirement homes including St. Charles and plans to expand to others in the near future.

"I'm trying to focus my work on seniors," said Stroud who explained that issues surrounding transportation and mobility issues often keep seniors from the dentist.

"A lot of the people I'm seeing haven't been to the dentist in two to 20 years," she said.

What makes her service particularly attractive is the price, which comes in at roughly 20 to 30 per cent less than a regular dentist. Stroud also offers free new patient assessment to further alleviate the cost but stressed that her patients should still make the trip into the dentist at least once a year as she cannot offer some services such as cavity diagnosis.

|health |health clinic |health services |
What Are The Types Of Teeth Veneers? Reasons to Stop Teeth Grinding Where To Buy Teeth Bleaching Kits Online As The Weather Cools, Beware Of Dental Emergencies Bring Back Your Youthful Smile With Teeth Whitening When Teeth Are Missing Custom Dentures Can Help Improve Your Smile Dental Implants Nj: Your Frequently Asked Questions Answered! Part 4 What Are Struts? How They Are Essential For Your Child's Teeth? Must know fact about dental insurance before buying it The Effectiveness Of Mouthwash As Gingivitis Treatment How To Find Cheap Dental Coverage Stop Bad Breath Fast With Curaprox Interdental Brushes Bruxism/teeth Grinding
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.21.233.41) / Processed in 0.010817 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2363, 964,
Dental care on the go