Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Dental Care Whos Afraid To Go?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Dental Care Whos Afraid To Go?

When is a good time to introduce your child to a dentist

? I would strongly suggest that you introduce your children to a dentist before they had any problems with their teeth. You want them to start out with a positive experience thus, lessening the possibility of any dentist phobias. Go ahead and laugh Im one of those people who developed an early fear of dentists.

My First Experience

I was very young, and one of my baby teeth became abscessed not a pleasant feeling. Anyway, it was my fathers duty to take me to the dentist. In the dentist office, I was told to swish some strong, green liquid in my mouth and spit it out. I was to do that until all the liquid in the glass was gone then go back to the dentist chair and sit down.

I, being the obedient child, did as I was told. I swished and spit, and once done, climbed into the dentist chair. I did not have a clue of what was going to happen next, until of course, the dentist told me to open my mouth and began to pull my tooth out. Low and behold, the green liquid I had swished in my mouth was the antiseptic! Well, surprise, surprise it didnt work!

With my father holding me down in the chair, I felt every pain, heard every grinding sound and the experience remained alive and strong in my memorya memory that followed me throughout my childhood and into adulthood.

After that experience, my love for the dentist and the very sound of a drill would put me into a panic. No matter how I rationalized it, no matter how much I told myself how stupid I was for feeling the fear it would not go away.

My Experience As An Adult

It took me a long time to overcome my fear of dentists. I finally found a dentist who I could talk too, and say, Hey, this is the experience I had this is the fear I have can I trust you not to hurt me. Well, my dentist understood my fears and Im happy to say that I felt that if he could calm my fears I could trust him with my young boys.

When To Take Your Children To The Dentist?

When do you take your children to the dentist? Before they have any cavities or any other ugly problems. Take your children to the dentist to have their teeth cleaned and looked at let the comfort level build between your child and your dentist. So when there are any problems with their teeth they know the dentist wont hurt them.

That is what I did for my children. I set them up with my dentist before they had any problems. I did not want them to have the same fears that I had. And it seemed to have worked.

If you dont have dental insurance, look into discount dental insurance, such as DentalPlans you can choose a plan that meets your budget and in most cases the cleanings are free.

by: submissions@kamcs.com
How Teeth Whitening Can Make A Difference In Your Looks? Boynton Beach, Fl Dentist Expedites First Time Visits At Tomalty Dental Care Various Teeth Whitening Solutions Preventive Dental Care Offers Smiles For Your Lifetime Carlsbad Dentist Provides Online Appointment Scheduling Service Dentures Successfully Restore A Mouth Full Of Missing Teeth The Invisalign That Denver Dentists Suggest: The Solution To Uneven Teeth How Clearcorrect Aligners Can Straighten Your Teeth Grow Dental Beauty With Smart Dental Care Treat All Dental Issues Through Family Dentist Baton Rouge Enjoy Spreading Your Beautiful Smile With Best Treatments At Leading Dental Clinics Invisible Braces Behind Teeth- Flaunt Your Smile Today Family Dentistry For That First Appointment
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.8.247) / Processed in 0.012556 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2806, 964,
Dental Care Whos Afraid To Go?